Evil Ghost Shrimp Con

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

AgentOrange

Reaction score
I bought a 2" ghost shrimp from my local aquatic store (Clearwater Aquatics) and the guy said "Yea its a scavenger it should be no trouble" YEA RIGHT its ate 2xadult black tetras 2x x-ray tetras 1x platy 1x baloon molly sounds like trouble to me. so i phoned the guy up and he said "I didnt say it wouldnt eat your fish and i dont know mush about it" so i asked for a refund and he said" i cant refund all your money back but i'll take the shrimp off your hands" i payed £5 for this evil little fu**er and its ate roughly £6-£7 worth of fish and i dont think is fair im going back tommorrow and im gonna speak to the manager.

What would you do in this situation and what advice can you give me when i confront this guy.

Thanx The Agent

thatys a tough question i would tell then that they gave you bad advice and you want a refund ive never managed to get money back for other fish you lose i figure they do it if you get a disease fish. on the other hand did you ask if it was comunity and did he know what was in your tank he might have thaugt you where just buying the shrimp to have in a speicies tank. im sory to hear about your fish its horid to think of them all becomeing food for your shrimp if you want to know more about your shrimp that might help you put your case then i sugest a page here here not too shure if the second one is relavent. well anyways good luck with the shop and i hope you let them know that they let you down but dont go too hard on them you might need their advice one day and they are taking the one thing back off you allot of them wont do that anymore.

Yeah i wouldn't be to rude just explain to the manager that you are upset about the info you were given. If you are stern but polite he may give all ur money back for the shrimp and maybe give you a couple tetra since they are rather inexpensive, at least here they are. Good luck.

Did you see the shrimp catch these fish?

Not that I don't believe you but I have thought it unlikly that a 2" shrimp could do so much damage... :/

You cann't allways rely on what the bloke in the lfs tells you...

If nothing else it teaches us all that you shouldn't add anything to your tank without throughly researching it first.....

:)

it sounds like u should destroy him before he destroys u and the rest of your fish!

Most reactions

Back