What's new

Vote Now! - November 2020 Tank of the Month (31 gallons and larger)

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Vote Now for November 2020 Tank of the Month

• Spalders

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Razzmatazz

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Jamesthecat

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Wolfey

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • AilyNC

• Cosmiclover1

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Anthony1976

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • FishBR

• Munroco

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • L&K

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
It's Election Day in the USA!
and
Our TOTM Poll Begins
PLEASE VOTE! .................
vote-totm.png

We have 10 high quality tank setups for Fishforums' November 2020 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on November 13th at 2:51 PM EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
IMG_20201031_130403.jpg

This is my Rena 300 litre tank with mainly fake plants and some Anubias scattered around. Filtration is by a Fluval 405 and I have a USB air pump for some fizz. Substrate is black gravel and lighting is Fluval Aquasky Bluetooth, settings are green, blue and red 90% and white at 20%. Sunrise 06:00 to 07:00 and sunset 18:00 to 19:00. Night settings are 2% blue only. Heating is by a digital 300W and a 200W "backup". Current tenants are diamond tetra, cherry barbs, Boesmani and Blue rainbows and Colombian tetra. All are healthy and happy.
Maintenance is the usual water changes and glass cleaning weekly and a filter squeeze every three to four weeks. Food is varied and fed twice a day. Bug bites, pellets, quality flake, cyclops, bloodworm and brine shrimp go down well. Strangely none of my fish like daphnia.
Thank you very much should you decide to vote for my tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
20201101_044317.jpg

Hello all!
This is my 2 1/2 month 36 gallon BF planted tank.
Lighting is a Finnex 24/7 CRV LED fixture.

Filtration consist of a Seachem Tidal 55, a Hygger double sponge filter driven by a Tetra Whisper 40 air pump, and a cheapo internal filter with a spray bar which is used for surface agitation and poly fill is placed inside for water polishing.

Inhabitants consist of Neon and Rummynose tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Panda Corys, Otocinclus and a pair of Honey Gouramis

Plants consist of various Anubias, Crypts, Java fern, Pogestemon, Amazon sword, Ludwigia and Dwarf Tiger Lotus.

Twice a week 10 to 12 gallon wc are done and testing parameters are performed the night before a wc. Seachem Prime is added to new tank water, Stability and Pristine is added after.

For plant fertilzers, Easy Green and Easy Iron is dosed a few hours after a wc and Seachem Flourish the following day. I only dose 1/2 the recommendations. Root tabs are also used.

Parameters holds steady at 0/0/10, PH at 7.4, temp is 77F, GH at 7.

Still learning a lot about the hobby and being on this forums definitely increased my knowledge.

3B15190A-6CA9-4190-AD8F-0B9564369334.jpeg

Hi all!

This is 450 litre Rena Aqualife tank.

Ive had it for about 2 months now after upgrading from a 100l tank.

It’s a Malawi Cichlid tank - parameters are a stable:
24c / 8.1 pH / Ammonia , Nitrate and Nitrate 0 / Hardness 14 dH

LED’s are chinese 5ft with a custom built Smart LED strip i built into a spotlight on the right. hand side of the hood. A STC1000 controls the heating and a Eheim Classic 600 and Fluval U4 the filtration.

Livestock consists of `a L240 Vampire, L029 Galaxias, L127 Marble plecs. 2 African Dwarf Frogs

40 mixed Mbuna Of the following types:

Zebra Cichlid
Albino Red Top Ice Blue
Maylandia lombardoi (Kenyi)
Red zebra.
Yellow lab.
Melanochromis auratus
Powder blue
Albino Snow white
Cobalt blue

10% water change weekly with a larger 25% once a month. Feeding is twice a day with 1 day a week where no food is given

Day lighting is 9am to 7pm when the blues come on till 9pm. At 9pm my custom spotlight of a bluey green is on for 2 hours.

The LED’s and filters are controlled via a Logitech Harmony remote.

IMG_7734.jpg

Cory photobomb :D
Hey there!

Thought I'd try my tank in this contest!
I wanna show you my first and current tank. The Aquascape has come a long way since the start haha but I am very proud with it how it's looking atm. The best thing that could happen to my tank was the big vertical Root i found at a LFS, for only 10€!!! After a lot of redesigning and reorientating decorations i finally got it where I like it a lot.
I dont really know all plant names i have but you can see them in the pic. (Also the list would be very long haha).
The tank is a Juwel RIO 125 Led tank with 125L / 33gal. running with the integrated Bioflow filter.
The tank is 39 days old and i just installed a Bio CO2 system which I hope will help my carpet that I just started.
My Stocking is as follows:

7 Guppys (5F/2M)
6 Honey Gouramis
11 Dwarf Corydoras
2 Garra Flavatra
1 Bristlenose Pleco
6 Amano Shrimps
11 Blue Jelly Shrimps
2 Rabbit Snails

I feed them once a day with Granulate for the Guppys and Gouramis and Pleco Wafers for the bottom dwelling ones.
Every Two days they get frozen Artemia and sometimes i give them Peas.
Water change is every Sunday.
My Perimiters are as follows:

PH: 7,2
CO2: 19
KH: 10
GH: 14
NO3: 25
NO2: 0
Temp: 24°C
Cl: 0

I use Ferropol fertilizer with every water change for my plants and I also added some alder cones for aesthetic reasons and to get my PH down a bit so my Gouramis might start to breed... who knows :D
I also added two selfmade hoops out of regular air tubing. The bigger one is for feeding so the food doesn't get tangled up in my floaters and the second one is so the floaters dont get into my filter intake.
Hope you like it!

received_355102645715090~2.jpeg

This is my 127L/34G clearseal tank. Measures 36" x 12" x 18" and was set up 15th September. I wanted a bonsai tree & lots of low tech plants in a very chilled out tank set up. Lots of research and work and love in this tank. I adore my relaxed community tank & all the plants in there too.

The set up:
Fluval E Series 200W heater
Eheim Aquaball 130 x 2
Limpopo Black Sand 20kg
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Blue and White LEDs, 18W.

Plants:
Java Fern
Java Moss
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
Cryptocoryne Beckettii
Cryptocoryne Crispatula
Christmas Moss
Echinodorus reni
Hygrophila corymbosa
Limnophila sessiliflora
Lagenandra meeboldii

Stock:
11 Bronze Cory
10 Cherry Barb
9 White Cloud Mountain Minnows

Hardscape:
Azalea Root
Driftwood
Aquarium Rocks
Bonsai Tree Driftwood

Use Seachem Flourish Comp & TNC root tabs. Feed alternating pellets & flakes. Bloodworm too. Veggies.

Lights on 9am to 8pm at 50%.

image.jpg

This is my 55 gallon, it has 2 Marineland Emperor power filters(I know, overkill), and I keep it at 78 degrees. It has a couple of fake plants and a fake wood structure. This tank is almost 4 years old now. It has 2 LED’s lighting it. The lights are turned on around 7:30am and turned off around 10:30pm.
The tank has 5 silver dollars,
2 Siamese algae eaters
4 neon tetras
3 Cory catfish... one of which is 6 years old!

7A8653F4-BE8C-494E-882B-D2C5C2F6B750.jpeg

Hi this is my very first attempt at growing plants so thought I’d post my tank on here im a new fish keeper. Tank is 165 litres with blue stricta stem plants , cryptocorene, Anubias and java moss with mopani wood centre piece. I have potted all my plants for ease of cleaning and maintenance. Just trimmed all my plants recently so put a pic up of around a week ago hope this is ok. Very low tech aquarium no co2 just root tabs , flourish , iron and potassium. Fish stocking is 6 glolight tetras, 6 Otocinclus , 7 pristellas tetras, 7 albino cats with a couple of baby’s that survived from a spawn a while ago . Light is just a cheap full spectrum led light I got from eBay . Like I say I’m just a novice but thought I’d put a couple of pics up of my tank which i am personally proud of considering such a short time keeping fish and plants . Thanks everyone.

Click on Video:
Hi everyone,
Here is my low-tech, 55-gallon (208 liters) fish tank called “Rainbow Corner”. The tank was setup in August and after a fish-less cycle the first fish were introduced in September. The fish stocking includes:
- 5 juvenile Boesemani raibowfishes (Melanotaenia Boesemani “Aves Creek”);
- 5 juvenile Dwarf rainbowfishes (Melanotaenia Maccullochi “Starche Creek”);
- 5 Panda garras (Garra Flavatra);
- 2 juvenile Empire gudgeons (Hypseleotris Compressa);
- 6 Corydoras trilineatus.

I am currently feeding them baby brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms, flakes, and pellets. I get them 3-4 feeding per day.

The water in New Orleans is very alkaline (PH 8.2) and hard (GH 190 and KH 135). I have pool filer sand as substrate and I use Seachem’s Flourish Tabs as fertilizers. I have the following plants in the tank:
- Anubias (Nana, Nana Thick Leaf, and Barteri Nana Long Wavy);
- Bucephalandra Rainbow Marble;
- Cryptocoryne (Tropica and Mioya);
- Echinodorus Peruensis;
- Hygrophila Angustifolia;
- Mini Bolbitis;
- Vallisneria;
- Hades.

Equipment: one 2217 Eheim canister filter; one sponge filter; Hydor in-line heater; Marineland LED strip light. I change 60% of the water every week.

I have just gone 3 days without power after hurricane Zeta, when tank temperature dropped from 77F (25 C) to 66 F (19C). The fish and plants are still recovering. The rainbows are still young but are starting to color up, especially in the mornings (see video). I hope you enjoy the picture and the video.

Last edited:
tank.jpg

This is my Juwel Vision 260. Fish include 2 large male angels, 1 small female who never grew for some reason. about a dozen rosy tetras, white cloud mountain minnows, 7 big fat SIA's 3 Honey Gouramis, 3 different shoals of Corydoras (about 25 in total) and a pair of Apisto McMasteri. Hardscape is a mix of rocks and wood from my local beach. Planted with a variety if low requirement plants. The tank in its present form has been running for about three years

20201103_051809.jpg

Here is our 180g fresh water tank.its running on Fx4 and FX 6. We upgraded from 100g to 180g this year. We consider this our community tank. All the fish get along. They are all our favorites.
We have peacocks,red devil, blue dolphins, frontosas, gouramis, blue Texas, 5 plecos,parrots,geophagus etc. So many I know we are missing some. (African cichlids)
We feed them frozen blood worms for treats, tetra crisps, tetra flakes,and shrimp pellets.
Hope you enjoy our fish tank. We love rocks!

Last edited:
END OF ENTRIES

Please slowly scroll up as you review the 10 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread. Thanks for participating in our Tank of the Month contest.

Next up, in mid November will be our popular Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet besides fish, please consider entering the POTM contest.

70 votes have been cast so far. Have you cast your vote yet? If not, please vote now.

Next up , starting tomorrow, will be our Pet of the Month contest. Get your pet pictures ready. ( no fish allowed)

The contest has ended and the winner has been selected. The winner is - Razzmatazz! You may congratulate him in the Winner Thread. Thanks to all who participated in our November Tank of the Month contest.
Next up is our Pet of the Month contest which will start accepting entries momentarily. Get your pet pics ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back