English Football

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

the tide has turned once again thanks to liverpool and blackburn
liverpool where a total embaresment today 1 shot on goal in 95 minutes of play just not good enough !
looks like getting knocked out the champions league has knocked chelskis confidence so its onwards and upwards for man united :good:

macherano being a total dumb bum didnt help either, but i was so pumped when Torres got a goal in 4:47.

i guess after liverpool beat man united 3 times in a row it was time for man united to get a win...

Liverpoo are suffering the same way as Arsenal did last season.

Selling Xabi Alonso killed the spine of the team, much like losing Mathieu Flamini did for Arsenal.

mascherano is a overrated piece of junk, they should sell him and buy somebody a bit more dynamic in that role.

However with the issues of extreme debt, not being able to afford the £16 million to sack Rafa benietez and Torres looking likely to join Chelsea in the summer.....the word's 'Portsmouth' or 'Leeds' springs to mind :eek:

Arsenal for the PL. Yeah, I know. Stupid Canadian doesn't know football from football.
I'll say Pompey, Hull, & Burnley down (as it stands now), though I do feel sorry for Hull now that Phil is gone. He was such pompous idiot. Good Riddance.
Up will be Newcastle, West Brom, and for a wild card, Swansea. lol.
Here's hoping for Swindon to the Championship, too.

Liverpool are suffering the same way as Arsenal did last season.

Selling Xabi Alonso killed the spine of the team, much like losing Mathieu Flamini did for Arsenal.

mascherano is a overrated piece of junk, they should sell him and buy somebody a bit more dynamic in that role.

However with the issues of extreme debt, not being able to afford the £16 million to sack Rafa benietez and Torres looking likely to join Chelsea in the summer.....the word's 'Portsmouth' or 'Leeds' springs to mind :eek:

i was searching for an article in the premier league website, but i couldnt find it. it was from when liverpool was doing extremely bad in the earlier half of the season, but it was from one of the board members about the rumours of Torres and Gerrard being for sale so they could get more money to somehow make the team not get relagated or something, anyway he said something along the lines of 'why would we sell two of our best players [Gerrard and Torres] when they are what we need most to get out of the slump we are in.' something like that anyway.

and you think liverpool has a large debt? it is, its a 300 million pound debt, but arsenal has a 318 million pound debt, man united has a 649 million pound debt and chelsea a 711 million pound debt. so liverpool isnt so bad. My source

Yeh but that is narrow minded thinking, Arsenal makes the most profit out of any Premiership team, and is the only team that finishes every season in the +, the debt is a repayment plan until 2017 for the Emirates stadium that cost £618 million, it is not a marginal debt, its a sensible debt, as in it is more than manageable.

Plus last i saw on Sky Sports news was Liverpool where around 768 million in Debt and where talking with other clubs to offload Torres (Chelsea, Barca, Man City), but refuse to offload Gerrard unless he wants to leave or they get relegated.

There was even talk of Arsenal putting in a cheeky £12 million bid for him in January because liverpool where desperate to get him off the pay load, don't know if that is true.

To add to that, Arsenal are the only self sufficient team in the Premiership, our whole team has cost us less than £30 million to build and we are 2 points off the top with 7 games to go, not to mention the youngest team in the Premisership and the second most cosistent team in Premiership history...and THE most consistent team in the Champions League in the last 12 years.

It is very possible that Liverpool are heading down the same road as leeds United, and if Chelsea or Man Citys backers sell up, they to will implode.

i had heard stuff about arsenal being the only '+' team, which is good, i applaud them for that, there was a record book i was reading, something about the top ten of everything in some year, and it said almost all teams in europe are losing money every year due to high payroll for the players. so its nice that at LEAST one team isnt like that lol. i highly doubt that liverpool will follow leeds united, because this happening seems a bit unlikely, they seemed to have a huge string of bad luck, and they had to sell almost their whole squad, plus arent all teams aloud to have a few bad years? this wouldnt be the first time in the new millenium that liverpool falls out of the top 4, 04/05 they were 5th, 02/03 they were 5th as well, a bad year for a good club seems to spell disaster for a team, at least for some people... Chelsea was out of top 4 as well, 00/01 they were 6th, 01/02 they were 6th, thats two bad years in a row with a large debt and they didnt go spiraling downward, so i still have faith for liverpool, and with the new sponsor which will give LFC 80 million over the next 4 years, we can afford to sack rafa, and i would hope, put money to the debt or the new stadium.

I just think if they kept hold of Alonso and bought Silva and Villa when they were trying to, they 'could' of been terrifying, but you can't help but be concerned about Rafa's tactics in league games.

Its not really a case of 'a bad year' for Liverpool, its ten steps backward, a huge managerial error, most possibley from a guy who don't care anymore because the board is giving him no backing.

If i was a Liverpool fan, i wouldnt be satisfied with 20 years of top ten finishes but no titles.

im not satisfied at all with no wins, though i look forward to hopefully the europa cup, which isnt such a nice trophy, but its still silverware. i look forward to what next season will bring, if rafa is sacked i would like to see who they bring in. and i wish they would have kept alonso, but alonso wanted to leave, that traitorous jerk! lol. i read on a sports website, (i forget which one) that Fabregas was talking about his love for FC barcalona, and they were speculating that he might want a move back to FCB, i wonder how that might turn out, he is so good, and losing him wouldnt be good for arsenal.

I think if Arsenal can come away with at least 1 trophy, Fab will stay. If they don't win anything, I think he might move. I hate to say it, because I think he is awesome for the team. Go Gunners!

He is great but i think we have a good preperation in Nasri, just incase.

i hate that arsenal has so many good young players, i wish liverpool would get some more young people with tonnes of potential, and i wish rafa would play babel more often.

Liverpool do have good young players, just lack the coachs to mould them into world beaters.

Wenger is inspired by Ajax set ups.

well, i know this season is lost, i cant wait until next season, i hope liverpool makes it to the top 4 this season and i hope they do well in champions league next season

well, the title race between man u and chelsea and arsenal is pretty close now, as well as the race for 4th

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back