Endler's... should I get?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

guppygirl

This picture just won champion in BW flowers!! YAY
Reaction score
First place at State 4-H horse show!! WHOOEE!!
Hey guys,
heven't been here in a while, but oh well.
here goes...
I was at the fish store a few days ago and I saw these beautiful Endler's Livebearers for sale. Nevermind the price, I almost bought them. I was just wondering if they are ok to go in with a 5 gallon heavily planted tank with 2 dwarf aquatic frogs(they're small) a few guppies and 2 skunk corydoras. I have a biowheel in there(It's specially designed for eclipse 5 gallons) and I feed them tropical flakes and tetramin granules. Would this work out?
thanks,
Guppygirl

no don't put them with the guppies.... they will interbreed, they are the same species of fish just a little rarer than the guppies you find everywhere. If you want them get them their own tank without guppies to preserve their line

Endlers are pretty rare. I think they are extinct in the wild so mixing them with guppies isn't a good idea. They are a beautiful fish though. Any mix breed with guppies will not look as nice as the parents. I wish I could get my hands on some endlers though.

Like everyone else has said, do not mix endlers and guppies.
I would buy some endlers. I've seen them a few times, but I've never seen females.

PLEASE DONT MIX GUPPIES AND ENDLERS...PLEASE.

You can order females through the internet like i did...its quite worth it. If you are in the states, next spring you can get them from petfish.net :thumbs:

OK OK OK OK
I will not mix endlers with gupps

anywz, the five gallon is having a little trouble now, so unless I get another tank or rebuild my little 3 1/2 gallon( I need to do that anyways) so until then, I can't get them.
Thanks so much! You've inspired me to rebuild my tank today!!!!
Robin

I have lots of Endlers. Let me know if you need some since I now have a 29 gallon that is bursting with them. Again, just keep them apart from guppies . . .

Stuart

Hey Stewart. Are you really offering to sell some Endlers? Where are you located? I purchased some at an Auction, but they are all females, so I need some males.

I want to set up a Planted Neon tank and have the Endlers in with them. The coloration is so similar, although the pattern is different, I think it would be a good set-up.

Anyway, let me know what you want for them, if you are willing to ship to San Diego, and how much that would cost.

TIA :)

And don't worry I don't own any Guppies, so no chance of crossbreeding :D

Most reactions

Back