Why were your filters off anways? They should never be off for this reason, the bacteria will die. But you do have bacteria in the sand or gravel. So worse comes to worse it wont take long to cycle.
BEcause o turned them off when i added the tap water to the tank witht the conditioner so non ewould get in my filter and my dad was supposed to plug em back in but he was stupid and never did.
Never turn them off, even when doing that. They will be fine. You should be fine though. With a large surface area mean the more bacteria actaul in the tank but the filter bacteria is always good.
Well i had .25 ammonia in tonight when i test tommorow if its 0 its still alive, if its .25 its dead. Well see i thiik i will punch a hole in my wall if its .25
I probably have the worst luck in the entire world.
In my opinion you should be fine, I once went through 5 hr power outage.
My only concern with you tank being so newly established.
As someone said before never turn off filters for any reason. I always tell people.............. "There is a reason they dont come with off and on Switches"
What a pain in the bum. I can't believe you're still going through this. I'd be afraid to add any fish with ammonia in there. It might be too much of a shock.