Emergency!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay so my girlfriend just noticed that my sulawesi snail had babies. What do I do now? Should I take them out?

I would leave them in the aquarium and provide them with places to hide, raise them along with the parents, drop in some algae wafers also. :)

nic1 said:
I would leave them in the aquarium and provide them with places to hide, raise them along with the parents, drop in some algae wafers also.
smile.png

Can you just explain to me how did one snail have babies when there's just one single snail?

argoma said:

I would leave them in the aquarium and provide them with places to hide, raise them along with the parents, drop in some algae wafers also.
smile.png

Can you just explain to me how did one snail have babies when there's just one single snail?

Snails have both reproductive organs.

If you dont want to keep the snails, buy an assasin snail. They eat other snails.

Dmbandstef said:
If you dont want to keep the snails, buy an assasin snail. They eat other snails.
They don't sell assasin snails in Portugal. Also, I don't mind these four baby snails but I just don't want a huge amount of them and that's what I'm afraid will happen.

argoma said:
They don't sell assasin snails in Portugal. Also, I don't mind these four baby snails but I just don't want a huge amount of them and that's what I'm afraid will happen.
Im portuguese, too! I live in Massachusetts (little Portugal lol.)

argoma said:
I would leave them in the aquarium and provide them with places to hide, raise them along with the parents, drop in some algae wafers also. :)

Hi... well the snails carry eggs that are fertilised and are laid they hatch within the day depending on the snails breed.
She could of been full of eggs when you got her.
If I'm right, I'm think that the snail you are talking about don't have that many offspring anyway.
And you can always sell the ones that you don't want to keep instead of letting other snails feast on them :)

Oh wow, you're so lucky! I've had my Sulawesi snail for about 6 or 7 months and not a single baby. You got 4 in one go, that is pretty rare from what I've learned about them. 
Depending on their tank mates I think it is safe to leave them in the tank. Just make sure they are getting enough food. They are omnivores, so they do need some meat-based foods as well, not just plants/algae/veggies!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back