Eheim, Fluval Or Tetratec External Filter

TT EX1200 is a superb filter. Like others have said, built well, runs well, good output and very quiet. Mine is in a cupboard under the tank and you have to put your hand on it to feel it working, it's that quiet.

One thing I can find fault with though was the stupid plastic plug on the end of the spraybar, which kept coming off due to the flow. In the end I got sick of fishing it out the tank so left it and now it's gone missing under the gravel somwehere :hyper: I had the same problem at first,but i have since wrapped a small bit of ptfe tape around the bung,keeps it in place :)

I know some people silicone them in place, so it might be worth you doing that before you prime yours mate :good:
I wouldn't advise it,its easier to pop the end off to get any trapped air out through the spraybar,especially after a filter clean,otherwise bubbles stays in the spraybar...just my opinion :)

The original one of mine was missing when i bought it, but it is connected to a built in intake and out-take in the tank. The newer ones seems fine though, very secure.

The original one of mine was missing when i bought it, but it is connected to a built in intake and out-take in the tank. The newer ones seems fine though, very secure.

I contacted Tetra about something else and mentioned to them the end plug kept coming out the spraybar and if it was a known issue to them....the woman was very nice and told me she'd get back to me.

Two days later my mother text me to tell me they'd sent a completely new EX1200 to her house in UK :hyper:

Now I just need to figure out a way of getting it out to Israel :lol:

well guys, my ex1200 turned up today and its huge, i cant believe how heavy it is and how much media it holds. first impression is very good build quality and looks easy to maintain. the seals dont look dry but they dont seem to have much grease on them, will any grease do or should it be marine stuff. do i grease the main motor large o ring, and then the the 2 seals on the removable hose adapter unit. and what about the removable taps, were they screw onto the hose adapter will that need any grease or are ther no seals inside the taps?
cant wait to get it set up. thanks for helping me make my mind up

The ammount of grease they have on them will be enough for you to get started. I have always used Vaseline, but other members have advised against this due to it breaking down rubber seals, but all mine have always been fine?!

Told you they were massive :lol:

The ammount of grease they have on them will be enough for you to get started. I have always used Vaseline, but other members have advised against this due to it breaking down rubber seals, but all mine have always been fine?!

Told you they were massive :lol:

Also try moving it when full of water too... You'll need a club note for a bad back :lol: Just done mine and remembered how heavy they are. lol.

brilliant thread guys,i had exactly the same questions
all answered will order a ex1200 today

hey jamesmacc hows the filter doing?

not got it running yet and now have an ex1200 and an eheim 2217. both great filters, the ex1200 holds way more media and has more gadgets and more hi tech, the 2217 is plain and simple and has a great design. i think if i was to buy a 3rd i would get an ex1200

not got it running yet and now have an ex1200 and an eheim 2217. both great filters, the ex1200 holds way more media and has more gadgets and more hi tech, the 2217 is plain and simple and has a great design. i think if i was to buy a 3rd i would get an ex1200

thanks looking forward to getting my hands wet

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back