Eheim Classic 2215 Stopped Working

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

VeryFatbloke

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm not around here much these days and when I am it's only to seek advice.

Anyway my Eheim Classic 2215 has stopped working. I noticed the other day that the flow from the spraybar was very low but did nothing about it, I came home from work tonight and checked and there was nothing coming out at all.

I could still hear the pump working but as I say no water was coming out of the spraybar, on further inspection it appeared that no water was actually going into the filter. I turned the filter off and attempted to reprime it by sucking on the hose end, suitably covered by kitchen roll. This made no difference at all and I could not manage it. I have now taken the top off the filter and can see that the filter is full of water.

Should I take the filter away from the tank and tip the water down the sink and then try to reprime it or should I do something else before I consider that??

Any advice would be gratefully received, I am still running my Juwel internal filter so this is not a complete emergency.

Thanks
Gary

I would guess its a blockage in the pipe work, if the motor is still running then it probably isnt a mechanical problem. Strip the filter down and give the hoses a good clean, i do this by conecting them to my garden hose and turning it on at full pressure. Give all the media a good rinse in tank water and then reassemble the filter, reprime and restart it.

Thanks CFC

I'll strip it down and attempt to clean the hoses, mind you I'll have to use the outside tap as we still have a hosepipe ban!!!

I won't do it until the weekend but I'll report back and let you know how I get on.

Gary

Problem solved, thanks CFC

stripped down the filter, cleaned the hoses in the garden getting a good soaking at the same time!!! Inspected and cleaned the strainer and found that the flow there was restricted because the screw cap for the end of the spraybar, which I couldn't find when I first set the filter up, was screwed into the hole where the bottom end of the shepherd's crook goes.........

When I first set the filter up I put the two pieces of the strainer together and put the shepherd's crook in there without realising that was where the spraybar cap was kept during transit. The strange thing was that after a while I was getting a reasonable flow out but now having sorted the problem out I can see what a difference having it set up correctly makes!!!

Gary

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back