Eggs or constipation?

I've provided pipe but I think they consider it too big at about 2cm wide. (I wedged it under some wood to stop it floating). The only other piping I have is much too tight. And the caves are too large. They are quite fixated on the spaces around the heater though. I decided if they do use the heater casing I can swap heaters easily enough. She's still not dropping her eggs though and it is the end of the second day. She has tried a larger spot in the casing and... nothing. I don't think it'll actually happen tbh.

In the meantime I can look for some other piping. Hector has been sold on that heater casing since he first moved in.

put gravel in the pipe so it is half full of gravel. that will hold it down and make the internal dimensions smaller

put gravel in the pipe so it is half full of gravel. that will hold it down and make the internal dimensions smaller
No, that would make it rough inside and they might get hurt wriggling around. I shall just change the heater and look for other pipe, I think I know where I can find something suitable. They'll have to use what's on offer then. I made provision, including in quiet, hidden places away from the filter. Hector just prefers that housing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back