EGGS HATCHED!

noheasurfer

Reaction score
My steel blue male, Dante.. Had sucessfully spawned with my turquiose blue female, Ocean. After sucking up the eggs and spitting them out into the bubble nest (while Ocean ate 25% of them).. 36 hours later temp. at 80.. they hatched!

Right now, Dante is sucking up the little fry who had fallen and spitting them back out into the bubblenest! He's a good daddy! lol.. (just can't believe that he's gonna do it for 48 more hours....) anyways... A lot of my friends had been wanting some of the bettas but i really dunno when i should.. i know now isn't the time or some time after that! .. About how old do you think the babies would have to be so they can go off to their new homes??? -_-

2-3 months :) depending on how well you care for htem :D dont' forget the fry will need thier water cahnged everyday and fed 2 or 3 times a day -_- they are hard work :) but trust me it's wellll worth it :D

um...why 89 degrees? that is a bit warm isnt it? I have read that 77 to 84 is about right. But I am no expert was just curious as to the 89 degrees? I thought that was a bit warm.....most of my bettas spawn at 80 degrees. I am still learning the betta trade and curious as to what is the reasoning behind 89 degrees, I may try it if it is something practiced...
Congrats on your spawn.
As for your family finding out, what are they gonna say when you jar them up? ;) Good luck and best wishes :D

rollntider said:
um...why 89 degrees? that is a bit warm isnt it? I have read that 77 to 84 is about right. But I am no expert was just curious as to the 89 degrees? I thought that was a bit warm.....most of my bettas spawn at 80 degrees. I am still learning the betta trade and curious as to what is the reasoning behind 89 degrees, I may try it if it is something practiced...
Congrats on your spawn.
As for your family finding out, what are they gonna say when you jar them up? ;) Good luck and best wishes :D
OOOO MAN I MADE A MISTAKE!!! ITS AT 80!!! errr. lol... And i guess ill have to confess to my parents soon!! sorry if i scared all you!!

Hide them in ur closet LOL my mom said if i ever wanna spawn them we will just put shelves all over my room :p my mum loves my fish but cuz hes still being a little buthead hes afraid of almost everyone but me
:fish:

Most reactions

Back