Egg Incubator Idea?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
I need to incubate some upcomming lizard eggs and i have an idea. Could i take a rubber maid container, put in a fish tank heater, sit it in there and turn it up to 85 degree's and fill it up 4 inches, then put a floating container full of vermiculate and eggs in the rubber maid container and close the lid to incubate the eggs at the proper temp and keep hummidity?

32 minutes and a bump eh? Well wouldn't it be better to ask this on a reptile forum not a fish forum?

Well, i wanted to know soon becasue i think my lizard is laying and the reptile forums i find dont have as many as this forum does so it takes forever for a awnser.

I would ask a moderator to move your thread to the pet section. There are plenty of lizard keepers there that could help you out. I would also recommend google for some spot-on details. Hope everything bodes well.

Chill a big 'kay? :)

No, i wouldn't. Go to Walmart and buy a heat lamp or better yet a space heater. I think your making it a little more complicated than it needs to be. granted i'm not a reptile expert, but the eggs should hatch just fine at around 80F, and this can be acheive with a heat lamp or space heater. Also, don't forget air-holes if your putting the eggs in a closed container, the eggs need oxygen and so will the hatched lizards. Good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back