Eek! Snail!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

InaneCathode

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just found a snail cruising around on the glass of my aquarium. What should i do?
I'm inclined to keep it for now providing thousands of his buddies dont show up...

Transparent, about the size of an eraser. Two little eye stocks too.

We just had 2 hatch from a plant which I wasnt happy about, and in a week they have 5 times there size no s***. I just hope they dont go crazy and multiply.

Transparent, about the size of an eraser. Two little eye stocks too.

ha ha ha sorry but that has to be the most rubbish description of size ever..... what sort of eraser, one on the end of a pencil or a big block one ???? or any fo the funny shaped ones you can get etc.

:p

theres a good pin about snails here if you can get an ID on the snail you can find out if it's gonna be a pest or not.

Eep! Theres more teleporting in. One moment theres empty glass, the next theres a tiny snail on it. I murdered the queen snail with a shot of ammonia to the face (have to dose ammonia anyway, why waste it >:)) squished one, and sucked another up and dumped him in the trash.
This means war!

On a more interesting note, it seems they start off as these jerky little white dots shooting around in the tank, to little wiggly glass sticking dots, to snails. They appear to be either tadpole/pouch/bladder snails or common pond snails. Either way, one of the little bastids was munching on dave the ivy!!!

Your classic pest snail. Physa Acuta.

Nigh on impossible to eradicate completely.

The flood gates have opened on 'cures' and 'remedies', but I had these and had to discover a way of getting rid of them and the ONLY way of ridding ALL kinds of tank of these little sods. So I have great pleasure in highly recommended you use some 'Flubenol 15'.

These damn things were utterly infested into my tank and also into the filters (hence 'impossible' above). I have adopted a 4-5 week, weekly dosing regeme (because it does not kill the eggs) and now.... NO snails whatsoever.

See my post in this pinned topic: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41473
(IMO, most of the information in there is utterly useless).

Andy

My experience with pond snails is they tend to multiply for awhile then die off. Of course, all my tanks are infested with Ramshorns, which out-compete them for food.

I think i'm going to let my tank finish cycling, buy all my fish, then do the flubenol 15 dance for a month. Might as well have the fish i want in there get medicated too just in case :D

He sounds like a pest snail...I'd get rid of him. Hopefully he did'nt bring any friends. LOLZ! :huh:

Ahhhh.... Waging the war on Snails again. These posts pop up every once in a while......

Hope the medication does the trick......

if not, you could always "adopt" a Puffer in there with them........ you know, a little artillery for backup!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back