Eating Fish And Fishing

I couldnt give up fish, especially seafood & sushi :drool: I have a nice dressed crab for lunch today. I did once have a moment of guilt when I realised I was preparing king prawns in the kitchen next to a tank with shrimp in lol.

I would love to have a go at fishing, but never had anyone to show me how & I wouldnt feel confident going by myself.
 
I'm not a great fan of fish or seafood. I eat tuna, salmon or cod occasionally, but keeping fish would never put me off eating fish. I think it's very important that ppl know where their food comes from. Too much stuff is packaged on supermarket shelves these days...
 
I've never been into fishing, but always have eating salmon. When I go out to eat, usually I order that. When I first got my fish, I thought that I would never be able to eat fish again, but now, I probably will as long as it's WILD salmon. Now that I've learned so much about ammonia in the water, the thought of farm raised salmon swimming in yucky water just entirely grosses me out.
farm raised salmon are not raised in "ponds" where ammonia could build. they actually are raised in natural waters in netted pens. as the tidal action does its thing the waste is removed from the body of water the pens are in. the only difference in "wild" vs "farm raised" is the involvement of actual fishermen to catch the wild ones. in fact, it is better to eat farm raised as the wild populations are in serious decline. this has ramifications across the whole ecosystem in which they are naturally found. likewise dont eat atlantic cod, swordfish, or atlantic salmon. fishermen may say otherwise, but fisheries data suggests these species are far too overfished to sustain healthy populations. (thats why the grand banks off of canada/maine have been closed and reopened so many times, much the the commercial fishermen's shegrin.)
farm raised shrimp, catfish and tilapia id avoid if you are concerned about "yucky ponds" and eating from them.
cheers
 

Most reactions

Back
Top