Eating Fish And Fishing

llamalord305

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Miami, Florida, U.S.
After I started keeping fish, I haven't been fishing, its pretty weird. I can;t imagine my fish on a hook, fighting for their lives. As for eating fish, I still do. But I suppose its the thing where you don't see the dying fish, pained chicken or crowded cattle whenever you eat them. What about you guys?
 
I never, ever liked the taste of fish. I always found it disgusting, stinky too. I have never been fishing either, despite living a block from the Hudson River and having a beachfront house in the Hamptons. Kind of odd, really. :blink:
 
I will both continue to fish and eat the fish i catch. I will only fish for meals and me keeping fish won't change that.

I can see how it would change some people from fishing though. Cool topic though :good:
 
i love the taste of fish.

i grew up in a family where hunting, shooting and fishing are the norm, some of my earliest memories are of playing with the duck feathers which my dad had shot and was plucking for our tea. where my food comes from really doesn't bother me...
 
I grew up fishing so it doesn't really matter to me.
Keeping fish actually
 
It doesn't bother me - but then I'm one of those people who believes that if you are willing to eat beef or chicken you should also be willing to eat any other kind of meat as well, which is why I have no issues with trying ostrich (rly yummy!) or crocodile (not so yummy!), nor would I have issues with cat or dog if I were in a country that served them...

I guess catching a fish yourself is different to just buying it off the shelf though, just like I guess killing/plucking one of your own chickens would be different to buying a packaged one. Maybe if I ever experience either of those things I'd change my mine. Never been inspired to go fishing though...
 
My diet consists mainly of sushi and tuna sandwhiches, so I think it's safe to say I haven't given it up XD

Also I've never been fishing (city girl! xD) so no input on that one XD


-Rezz
 
My Dad has a boat and we live by the sea so I go regularly go fishing and we often eat what we catch.

The first time I went out after I'd got my fish tank and my lovely little fishies I was quite apprehensive and it felt strange but as long as they weren't tiddlers like my fish then I wasn't bothered :P
 
I used to go fishing, but no more, but that was more of a choice, than because I started keeping fish.
Absolutely love fish to eat, alsorts & anytype, always keen to try new types, and of course I have many times prepared a nice prawn cocktail for dinner on the worktop in full sight of my shrimp tank.... :D
 
I've never been into fishing, but always have eating salmon. When I go out to eat, usually I order that. When I first got my fish, I thought that I would never be able to eat fish again, but now, I probably will as long as it's WILD salmon. Now that I've learned so much about ammonia in the water, the thought of farm raised salmon swimming in yucky water just entirely grosses me out.
 
i do a lot of fly fishing,only kill what will be ate,you can still fish and let them go :good:
thats the best thing about fly fishing 99per cent just get lip hooked.but with other types of fishing they get gut hooked :crazy:
 
I love fish! whether they're swimming in my fish tank, or served up on a kaizer bun! (It seems kind of wrong, though, doesn't it?)

However, i do have to say that after finding a dead, stinking amano shrimp in my tank a few days ago, i think it'll be a while before i have a shrimp cocktail again!
 
i dont really like eating fish i dont like the taste the only fish i eat is fish and chips and fish fingers. i love fishing though it dosent harm the fish theres bearly evan a mark where the fish gets hooked.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top