Easy Life Fluid Filter Medium?

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi guys, at the mo im using Easy Life Fluid Filter Medium anyone else use it, i think its great but would like to hear from other peoples opinions, and if anyone knows a better let me know Thanks

JRD
 
i dont trust filter stuff in a bottle; i always thought it would die in a little tub =]
 
None of the 'bacteria in a botttle' actually work.

I've used Tetra 'Safe Start' alongside waterchanges and achieved a faster fish in cycle (I had a tank crack while a new, larger one was cycling so had to transfer early)

My mate has used the JBL 'Filter Start' with similar results.

These were alongside daily waterchanges though during unintended fish in cycling.
 
I have never used it, but I did a search on the web and found their web page.

Crikey, they claim it does everything really except turn lead into gold.

Have a look - liquid filter stuff homepage

AND they say it contains no chemicals or Bacteria!

How the **** can anything not contain chemicals?


Anyway I wouldn't recommend it, it sounds too good to be true and we all know what that means.

I really don't think there is any substitute for time and somebody elses filter squeezings. when cycling a tank.
I tried with some bacteria in a bottle stuff, it wasn't cheap either and as far as I can tell it made no discernable difference.

But it's up to you mate, if you think it helps who am I to say nay?

doris

here is another company with intriguing claims for 'bottled bacteria' -

Bottled bacteria info
 
you could try it out tho mate =] who knows it could really be THAT good :)
 
you could try it out tho mate =] who knows it could really be THAT good :)

i actually have it and use it at the mo, it works pretty good and helps prevent ammonia and nitrite for the most part, the question that im trying to get through to every one is: is there a better brand and what should i use to start of a cycle for my 110 litre tank, indigoj says 'Safe Start' and JBL 'Filter Start', what did you use bagu?
 
I wouldn't use any to start a cycle. I said I've used them in an emergency with satisfactory results.

I'd squeeze a bit from your existing tank and get some ammonia.
 
use ammonia from homebase mate

or just pop some mature media in :)
 
yep Iam with bagu.

There isn't a miracle short cut Iam afraid.

Actually there is a company whose name elludes me that sells bacteria, it must be kept refrigerated and has a shelf life of about a week.
I have never tried it but I imagine it would work.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top