Eastern Painted Turtle

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fish-r-fancy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi I have had my ept (eastern painted turtle) in my backyard in a koi pond for a couple years now. The pond is being extended and I need something to do with the turtle. She is about 5 inches long. I have asked about keeping her in my 180 gallon tank with other large fish but people didn't think it was a very good idea so I wont do that. Instead I'm thinking of putting her in my 72 gallon bow front tank temperarily. Now I need some help as to how to set up the aquarium as I've only kept her in a koi pond. I do have a tight fitting screen cover that I will use and 2 reptile lights. I also plan on getting a turtle dock. The tank will be filtered by a fluval 405 and heated by a 300 watt heater. Could you please tell me if theres something that I haven't thought about?

Hi I have had my ept (eastern painted turtle) in my backyard in a koi pond for a couple years now. The pond is being extended and I need something to do with the turtle. She is about 5 inches long. I have asked about keeping her in my 180 gallon tank with other large fish but people didn't think it was a very good idea so I wont do that. Instead I'm thinking of putting her in my 72 gallon bow front tank temperarily. Now I need some help as to how to set up the aquarium as I've only kept her in a koi pond. I do have a tight fitting screen cover that I will use and 2 reptile lights. I also plan on getting a turtle dock. The tank will be filtered by a fluval 405 and heated by a 300 watt heater. Could you please tell me if theres something that I haven't thought about?
Sounds like you pretty much have everything .... Good job :good: Do you have any pictures for us turtle fans?? :hyper: :hyper:

Sorry no pictures. Here in R.I we just had a snowstorm and I don't want to walk outside. What brand of turtle dock do u recommend? I also have another question: would it be better to put the spray bar from the filter above the water level to make a waterfall or below the water level to make more water movement?

Sorry no pictures. Here in R.I we just had a snowstorm and I don't want to walk outside. What brand of turtle dock do u recommend? I also have another question: would it be better to put the spray bar from the filter above the water level to make a waterfall or below the water level to make more water movement?
I use the Large ZooMed Turtle Dock ;)

You can put ti on top or in the water it doesn't make much difference. Though a little more water movement wouldn't hurt to move all the turtle poop around so that the filter can suck it up ;) Enjoy your turtle in the tank and I hope you don't loose power do to the storm :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back