Dwarf Sag

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aspen35

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What are the requirements for keeping dwarf sag? Does it need fertilizer dosed into the water column, or do root tabs work fine? Thanks!!
46D0262B-768A-4855-8E7F-CB11B608FC00.jpeg
image.jpg
This is what it looks like right now, just got it after it was in the mail for 5 days.

Last edited:
All I know is that it is very hardy, but requires some sort of fertilizer. (A liquid fertilizer)

Most plants feed through both roots and water column so its best to have both ferys Dwarf Sag is a rooted plant obviously that sends out runners as such it needs nutrients in the substrate for root development. I use two types of root tabs to get a comprehensive nutrient bed. Seachem flourish tabs which are 10$ for 10 and planted aquarium concepts tabs which are 40 for 20$ with both my substrate is provided with every nutrient. Even though Sag is a rooted plant it will still utilize nutrients in the water column through leaves. Now Sag leaves arent super big or wide but still will absorb nutrients. Ive found seachem fluorish to be tge most comprehensive liquid fert. Along with root tabs and liquid fert and proper lighting a hardy plant like Sag should thrive. The sand you have also helps as the runners can spread easier! Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back