Dwarf Puffer Compatibility

I believe I said "DPs like groups of 3-4 from what I have found."

In other words, form my personal experience I have found that dwarf puffers LIKE to be in groups of 3-4. They don't NEED to be, I have found they prefer it over being single.
 
DPs like groups of 3-4 from what I have found. You defiantly don't need 4 corys. Step it up to 3 DP's and 2 corys.

Nope.

Corys will not be happy with 2. The minimum id go for is a group of 4. An ideal group would be a group of 6 or more.
 
If you don't want Cories then How about Bumble Bee Gobies. They do, do well in FW but you need to select them carefully to make sure you get FW.
 
I have to agree with both Bagu & Geoff here, cory's need to be in bigger groups & the DPs in smaller groups, especially in a tank that size.

I dont see how it would make any difference if the DPs were male or female, I think the females are often more aggressive, also as most DPs we can buy are very young, its often impossible to tell the sex.

I'm not sure how the cories would get on to be honest, I have 5 DP's in a90ltr tank, I put a group of cories in for a while from my other tank & although there didnt seem to be much aggression shown, the cories became very quiet & didnt move around as much as normal, put them back in their other tank & they were back to normal.

Its something you can try as long as you have another tank to transfer them too if you have problems, I think the general thinking is that Otto's are the best tank mates for the DP, or possibly a group of larger shrimp
 
ive got a 40 gal , and ive been told 3 is fine , not only that ill be adding a group of 6 bumble bees to boot....
 
Hi matchstickman47 :)

It's not a good idea to keep corys with any fish that might be aggressive toward them. Even if you have a big group of them it's not safe to do it. They are aware of the danger even if they aren't attacked and the resulting stress will result in possible illness and/or premature death. They do best either alone or with very peaceful fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top