April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

steve...c

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi every one, 1st timer here.

ok so heres the story.
i brought a second hand set up. when the tank arrived it had a inch of slushy mercy water at the bottem, so set the tank up to get back to it a week later, when i started to get the remaining water out i noticed something splashing around in the corner of the tank, further inspection i found it was a small fish. i found out it was a dwarf loach (i think) after looking through loads of picture on the net. i did try uploading a photo of it here last night but struggled abit,,,""any links for that while im here please"".
as this is my 1st tank i didnt have anywhere to keep the poor little fish that had done so well to survive what he alredy had!!
so i put him in a bowl with the 2 tadpole i have at the moment, and just hoped he would make it. since then i have set the tank up with water a few plants and gravel just waiting for the tanks cycle but i did put the fish in the tank as he was chasing the poles about abit, but now have become fond of him and am looking to get him some mates when the tank is ready and if he makes it. which may alter the plans i had for a few big shaols of 2 3 types of very small fish, what type of fish is he, will he make it and will he get on with others?

please and thanks
steve

hi this is the best way to upload photo
hope it helps
best way is to open an acount with photo bucket upload your pictures there first then photo bucket will supply you with the codes you need
when you have the codes you need to copy the bottom 1 that says img code
then on here paste the code in the option which says insert media its the 1 with 3 overlapping frames

hi this is the best way to upload photo
hope it helps
best way is to open an acount with photo bucket upload your pictures there first then photo bucket will supply you with the codes you need
when you have the codes you need to copy the bottom 1 that says img code
then on here paste the code in the option which says insert media its the 1 with 3 overlapping frames
thanks jacko
thats easy i already have photo bucket account, will have another look at getting a photo on here now ;-)

yes it's a dwarf chain loach (yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)

some info for u http://www.loaches.com/species-index/yasuhikotakia-sidthimunki

yes it's a dwarf chain loach (yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)

some info for u http://www.loaches.com/species-index/yasuhikotakia-sidthimunki

thanks meguro
he must be something of a miracle if that info is to go by, think i have found his name "JC" ha

wow thats a pretty amazing story glad he survived looks beautifull :good:

Ash

wow thats a pretty amazing story glad he survived looks beautifull :good:

Ash

yes he/she is ash, thanks i like him. hope he survives long enough for me to get him some friends he looks lonely in the tank :good:

cool little loach
is the filter on the new tank cycled

not sure maybe you can help i just posted a message on the board about my filter with the details te post is called "what you think"?

its only in the tank due to the circumstance and he has no other home to go :/

Most reactions

trending

Back