dwarf gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ben

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I duno if i posted this topic but anyway.

how many dwarf gouramis can go together? cuz i got a flame dwarf gourami and one day i decided to get a neon blue on. the next morning i woke up and he was dead :sad:
so i really wanna know how many dwarfs can go together.

weel if u are an idiot and over croud your tank :p , they'll die no matter what fish because gouramis get territorial. But if you have a bigger tank(3 foot) then u can have a blue neon with ur honeys in the smaller 1 :hey:

What size tank you do have? What are your parameters? It is succesful to keep a bit together depending on size.

Also one quick question.
We say only 1" fish per 1 gal. How can lfs have like 20 gouramis in a 20 gal. tank and live for a long time?

It would be helpful to know more about your tank like size and other residents, but I am surprised that your fish died. Maybe it was just shock. You should be able to house several together assuming that you have adequate space. They do get territorial so it has been recommended that you rearrange your tank before adding new fish.

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, we need more info on your tanks. Dwarf Gourami males can be extremely aggressive to one another in smaller tanks. I found this out first hand, as mine bullied each other so badly I had to buy a new tank to seperate them eventually. It's best to keep either one or quite a few (though you can't do that unless you have a lot of space).

well i dont know how many gals it is cuz i got it second hand. but i no the mesurments. its 3 foot long. 1 foot wide. and 1 and a half feet high. and i realy want anutha one. and its under stocked at the moment.

Sounds like it's about 29 gallons, give or take a bit. Can you please tell us what other fish are in your aquarium? I still don't think you should add another male though, that's still most likely too small of a space for two, especially if one is extra aggressive. It's just too risky. :no:

well rite now ive got:

4 little silver sharks

2 little clown loachs

6 small bristle noses

2 algae eaters

4 mollys(3 female 1 male)

1 flame dwarf gourami

2 chocolate gourami

2 peack gobies

4 new addtions:

2 pearl gouramis

2 little angels

and i dont think im gonna get anutha male. can i get 2 females? is that alright?

Um, I would not add anything else at this time. You have some fish in there that get big...like your clown loaches can get 12" long. If I were you, I'd just wait and let your fish grow up. JMHO

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back