Dwarf gourami with pink swollen lip

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

C@ssiopei@

Reaction score
The other morning I noticed a pink fleshy patch on my dwarf gouramis mouth and I thought it was from a fight. The day before I also noticed that one of my fish got attacked and had died so I assumed it was from that. Itā€™s been a little under a week and it doesnā€™t seem to be getting any better. Is there any bacteria or diseases that can cause this? Iā€™m new to the aquarium world. Are there any treatments that would work? Do I need to worry about my other fish in the tank? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
4EB7940F-E590-48A8-83AF-0E25FFD04087.jpeg
8FA6F340-E3BA-4F98-87C9-11CFFEB7B5B1.jpeg

Thank you!
I have 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 Coryā€™s, 2 autos, 2 dojo loaches, 5 tetras and a dwarf cichlid in there. Heā€™s the only fish that has it and he seems to be acting perfectly fine. Still active and eating well. As far as the water parameters Iā€™m not sure.

Iā€™m not familiar with DGD. Iā€™ll go do some research this is my first aquarium other than when I was a kid and I definitely knew nothing then.
DGD =Dwarf Gourami Disease.
It is in fact a viral issue occuring in a lot of DG's nowadays. It isn't treatable and lethal in the end. These ulcers are often seen in the first stage of it. Sorry I can't bring better news.

DGD =Dwarf Gourami Disease.
It is in fact a viral issue occuring in a lot of DG's nowadays. It isn't treatable and lethal in the end. These ulcers are often seen in the first stage of it. Sorry I can't bring better news.
Ohhh nošŸ˜ž. Should I take it out and euthanize him? I do have another one in the tank and it seems to be fine so far. Is there anything I can do to make sure it doesnā€™t happen with the other one?

Most reactions

trending

Back