Dwarf Gourami Questions

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Staffordshire
My wife likes the Dwarf Gourami,

I've read not to put more than one male in as they can sometimes not get on. Can I put a male and female in, to have a pair?

The other fish I have at the moment is just 5 male guppies
 
Shouldn't be a problem. I would have just the one pair and possibly go for 1 male and 2 females. Word of advice though - the females are very boring to look at and I doubt you wife will like them much as they have little or no colour.
 
i agree with timmystood, i had 3 males (before i knew any better) and they just chased and fought each other constantly. i then found out that 1 male to 2 females is the key, you need 2 females so the male doesnt stress out a single female..... i now just have a single male and hes fine chases my platys now and then but nothing in it :good:
 
Weirdly, the only time I ever bought dwarf gourami's in a pair the male killed the female within a few days, so I went and bought another, and then he killed that one too, so I bought two more males and after that he was VERY happy. No fighting or anything.

Is it possible to have gay fish?! lol :blink:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top