Dwarf Gourami Behaviour

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

flix_cw

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've had a single male dwarf gourami for 2 weeks now, and he's settling in ok - feeding well, looking healthy.

It's a densely planted 15g with a shoal of harlequin rasboras and a shoal of kuhli loaches.

Most of the time his behaviour is normal, cruising around, pecking at things (especially attempting and failing to catch my cherry shrimp!)

However, quite often he swims up and down the length of the tank, swimming with his face pressed against the glass as if trying to get out, or even as if he thinks his reflection is another fish. He'll do this for about 10 min then relax again.

Is this normal behaviour? Is he stressed? Would a female help?

Water stats are all normal.

I've had a single male dwarf gourami for 2 weeks now, and he's settling in ok - feeding well, looking healthy.

It's a densely planted 15g with a shoal of harlequin rasboras and a shoal of kuhli loaches.

Most of the time his behaviour is normal, cruising around, pecking at things (especially attempting and failing to catch my cherry shrimp!)

However, quite often he swims up and down the length of the tank, swimming with his face pressed against the glass as if trying to get out, or even as if he thinks his reflection is another fish. He'll do this for about 10 min then relax again.

Is this normal behaviour? Is he stressed? Would a female help?

Water stats are all normal.

Mine does the exact same thing. He'd probably appreciate a lady friend but who wouldn't? :lol: I'd say that the swimming back and forth is just flexing his muscles.............when mine does it I hear that LMFAO song in my head "Girl look at that body, I work out!"

Mine does the exact same thing. He'd probably appreciate a lady friend but who wouldn't? :lol: I'd say that the swimming back and forth is just flexing his muscles.............when mine does it I hear that LMFAO song in my head "Girl look at that body, I work out!"
Hahaha what a pimp. Yeah i can see that now - he always starts to do it when someone walks into the room too. What a show off!

Hahaha what a pimp. Yeah i can see that now - he always starts to do it when someone walks into the room too. What a show off!

He's probably just flexing his fins & showing the other fish who's boss. My guy's name is King Powder, Lord of the Fry!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back