Dwarf Chain Loach

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
anybody had any experience with this little fish ?
learnt a fair bit about them, would just like to hear from somebody with first hand experience :)

Yes, and they are an absolute joy to own. Albeit very mischievious!

I visited a small LFS couple of years back and they had one of these little fellas in a 4ft tank on his own, surrounded by Boesemani Rainbows. He spent all day every day bombing up and down the tank in amongst the rainbows and i used to sit and watch him for ages every weekend when i popped in (it was a LOCAL LFS literally). The chap noticed this and said i may aswell take him because no one had bought him in nearly a year, so took him free of charge :D

Well, after having him in my tank for near enough 6 months he had buddied up with my 3 clown loach, and was clearly a nuissance to all. So i decided to buy 5 more, and then i had 6. By far the most fun group of fish i have ever witnessed, even more so than a group of Gara Flavatra i had briefly. They are endlessly searching for food, and nooks and crannys to rummage around in. Chasing each other relentlessly and then seemingly all stopping at once and just resting on wood/rocks/leaves, whatever they find near.

So unless you like a calm tranquil tank, i would highly recommend them. Just don't put them with fish that like a calm atmophere!

James

thanks for the reply :)
great to hear :) they sound awesome and i cant wait to get myself a bunch of them, the only trouble is i never seem to see them in my local lfs so i'll probably end up having to get some from the internet

MA at west bridgeford Nottingham have loads £14 each though. They always command a high price though. You could probably do a deal if you had a few. Need a mortgage though... lol.

I have had mine for 20+ years great little fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back