Drilling Holes In Glass

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
2,896
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Francisco/San Jose, CA
I am planning on drilling four 1 3/4" holes in a 20g tall, so itll be 4 holes going into a 24x16 sheet of glass. They will be about The ones on the outside will be 2 3/8 inches in, so there will be a 1.5 inch gap from the sides. Each one will be spaced about 5 3/8 apart, which gives a tad bit over 3 5/8 spacing in between each one. All the holes will be drilled 3 inches under the glass. Do you think this will make the glass too weak to hold water afterwards?
 
I was gonna have 2 return pipes on the ends, and make an overflow box for the middle 2 holes. I figured i would be pushing 600 gph after the head. I believe 1" bulkheads give 650 gph, but I want to play it safe with 2 just incase a snail decides to wander near there. I was just talking to one of my friends and he suggested one of those hob U-Tube returns. Can you use loc-line on these? Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top