Driftwood question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I had the same colony of corydoras for at least 12 years, probably longer. Lost a couple of the older bronze corydoras in about 2016 or 2017, bought a few at a fish store to raise the population, and despite quarantine the new ones carried something and I lost my colony. I don't put salt in my cory tanks. Period You talking about Orange Laser corydoras with the orange?
Hi Alice. Sorry to hear about your fish. I was told this species of Corydoras was a hybrid. Got them from a local "Mom & Pop" fish store. I did a little research and from what I can tell, this type of Cory was possibly bred with Venezuelan Corys. Mine have a single orange strip right in the middle of the body on either side. Probably why they're call "Orange Saddle". I've never done anything special, except change half their water weekly. I understand that Corys can live for more than a 5 to 7 years. But, it's been my experience over the years that 99.9 percent of water keepers will make a mistake in tank management accidentally at some point and the fish die. I certainly know I've made my share.

10 Tanks

Malwarebytes did not like the link to injaf, even when I got it direct from a search engine. I'll poke around the internet. I started keeping fish before there was an internet or even a Commodore BBS, back then you went to the fish store or the library, Maybe I should check a book too, I do own a few
Hmmmm...I'm getting a "non-secure website" warning for INJAF here on my work desktop, as well...strange...it's always worked well for me in the past (?)

They may have been hacked in some way. I've got to get bookkeeping done, I am pretty sure that isn't firewood, it's way too pretty. A retired gal was trying to run a small business raising fish and filled her garage with aquariums, then switched to restoring furniture. I think I picked up a couple of the tanks, but the decor, part of it ended up on my front porch due to volume. firewood is kept out front, hence the wonder where this came from. I've got to order heaters and etc.

They may have been hacked in some way. I've got to get bookkeeping done, I am pretty sure that isn't firewood, it's way too pretty. A retired gal was trying to run a small business raising fish and filled her garage with aquariums, then switched to restoring furniture. I think I picked up a couple of the tanks, but the decor, part of it ended up on my front porch due to volume. firewood is kept out front, hence the wonder where this came from. I've got to order heaters and etc.
There are some really good deals on used tanks out there. You have to wade through a lot of people who think their used tank is worth more than a brand new one. But the bargains are out there.

I don't need another tank. Possibly ever. My 55 oceanic is sitting under tarps on my corner lot, protected from pine cones waiting for new seals. It's a 1990, weighs a ton. waiting til I retire, and finish foundation repairs. I have a shed with plenty of 10s. Only trouble is finding things

Most reactions

trending

Back