Doresy Needs Help!

doresy

Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong but ALWAYS certai
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
3,845
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
Ok here's the deal..

By my signiture you'll see I have a 155 litre AquaOne 850 and a 34 Litre AquaOne 380.

I have just got from eBay a Juwel tank/stand (not sure of model but its 24" long)

These are my intentions. I am going to divide the Juwel into a 60/40 split. In the smaller size I am going to transfer 'RedBul' and his Pigmy Corys from the AquaOne 380. In the larger side I am going to transfer the Corys and the Harliquin Rasbora from the AquaOne 850. The rest of the stock have already been rehomed.

With me so far? Now for the restock! :shifty:

In the AquaOne 380 (34 litres remember?) I want to have female Bettas.....how many do you think

The AquaOne 850 (155 litres) which is now empty will be cleaned out completely.....clean canvas so to speak..

The main reason for all of this is I am bored with community. I now want impact or specemin. :drool:

I know the tank is not too suitable for Cichlids. I also don't want to go Brackish or Marine.

So what is there? I did think F/W Puffer so imput on that would be good. Open to suggestion and will wade through them all tomorrow as I am out on the p*** with Mrs D tonight!

Cheers
Doresy ;)
 
Can I ask why you are dividing the juwel tank, the male betta should be ok with all the cories and the rasboras.

As for a species tank, dwarf puffers would be good, with a ratio of 1m to 3f, heavily planted, sand substrate, lots of snails on hand for weekly feedings.

Have you considered a rainbow species tank? Beautiful fish.
 
Can I ask why you are dividing the juwel tank, the male betta should be ok with all the cories and the rasboras.

As for a species tank, dwarf puffers would be good, with a ratio of 1m to 3f, heavily planted, sand substrate, lots of snails on hand for weekly feedings.

Have you considered a rainbow species tank? Beautiful fish.

Hi, well I sort of wondered about that myself. He has had the luxury of a tank to himself (with the pigmies). If he'll be ok then maybe I wont divide it

As for dwarf puffers in my larger tank I was hoping for something a bit bigger? Is there another puffer that would be ok in there?
I will also look into rainbows...thanks for your imput :good:
 
Ive kept male betta with rasboras with no problems at all, but as you know its dependent on the betta, I would try without the divide, if you see any problems, then you will have to divide it, mainly rasboras stay out of the way of the betta and frankly I doubt he could catch them if he tried.

Im not fully up on all puffer species, but here is a link to a long list of FW puffer species, hope that helps: http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/puffers.htm
 
Ive kept male betta with rasboras with no problems at all, but as you know its dependent on the betta, I would try without the divide, if you see any problems, then you will have to divide it, mainly rasboras stay out of the way of the betta and frankly I doubt he could catch them if he tried.

Im not fully up on all puffer species, but here is a link to a long list of FW puffer species, hope that helps: [URL="http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/puffers.htm"]http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/puffers.htm[/URL]

Thanks for that :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top