Dont be shy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mainly Discus and other south american fish like Angels and corys. I'm also into me plants.I should be getting some more tanks soon so I can raise my Discus fry properly.I've kept fish for sixteen years but I've really fell for Discus in the last few.
Marcus :D

Sounds good, more tanks, it happens to the best of us :laugh:

You'd get on well with my lfs owner, he's into his Disus, just seen his latest import batch, looks good.

I like my south american cichlids to ;)
I'll have to wait as well. My young son is getting my fish room so thats why I have the fish hut fund 8)

The trouble with discus is that when you see a strain you like you travel miles trying to find it and then buy loads of other Discus in the process. I think I should sell my body to fund it Should then let me get one Guppy a month, ...if I'm lucky. :D :D
Marcus.

Three tanks still running ;)
Main one has loads of congo tetras, some black phantons, 5 Kribs ( two with fry) a Keyhole, a Angel, some plecs, panda corys, a spotted talking cat.
Next a Tank with 15 Red Rainbows.
And another with 3 Red Oscars ;) 10 empty ones waiting on a new home :)

Pete

Hi , like Craig, I have just bought a starter tank for my daughter from Pets at Home (Moby ####) looked OK- They were quite helpful and stopped me buying any fish to put in it untill the tank is set up. I am to take a sample of water in to them next week and they will test it for me before giving me any fish.

The tank is a 20 litre one which from reading the website might be a bit small and difficult. What fish would you recommend to start with - My daughter and I would like fairly active, colourful fish - how many would you suggest ? 4 - 6 ?

How do you change the water - do you just "ladel" it out and add new water + dechlorination fluid ?

Just a few questions to start with from a total novice.

Thanks

Cam

Hi Cam and welcome to what is THE BEST FISH FORUM ON THE WEB!!!!! :D

The best way to change water is to buy a syphon type gravel cleaner or use a piece of hose pipe cut to length and syphon out the water into a bucket then mix the replacement water and dechlorinator in a bucket and add it slowly to the tank so as not to disturb the gravel :D

Hope this helps m8 ;)

Thanks Pete

I'll buy a syphon wen I get the fish - This is a really useful forum I think I will be visiting a lot.

Cam :)

Hi Cam!

Welcome to The best fish forum on the web!

You will find that we are all very helpful and friendly!

Watch out for typo's! ...and aliens! :alien: lol. :laugh:

:D Hi Cam, welcome to the madhouse!! Get some hardy fish to start your tank, like zebra danios. ;) Mac.

Hi y' all
my name is terry and i am ffrom wi . i raised guppies and mollies
just start this hobby about 2 months ago .

Hi, good to see another livebearer fan out there!! Big welcome and hope to see you posting around here lots :D We generally don't bite - unless we are really hungry :p :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Back