Dolphins For Sale At My Lfs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was at my LFS last night picking up a BN plco and some Pencilfish and like always I look in all the tanks.

I came across a tank that said "NEW" 'Dolphins'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They looked like little baby dolphins but do people really put REAL dolphins in their tanks or do they just call them dolphins becuse they look smiller, kinda like the bala shark....????

I was at my LFS last night picking up a BN plco and some Pencilfish and like always I look in all the tanks.

They looked like little baby dolphins but do people really put REAL dolphins in their tanks or do they just call them dolphins becuse they look smiller, kinda like the bala shark....????
are they blue? if do theyre blue moorii...malawi cichlids

are they blue? if do theyre blue moorii...malawi cichlids

Nope- checked google images and they looked nothing like that. They were a solid greyish color with the weird nose that dolphins have. Looked just like baby dolphins- I should of asked the lfs guys but they were super busy with renovating.

It is absoluty sickening if they are real dophlins as they should NEVER EVER EVER be in the aquarium trade and I will need to find a new LFS

Come to think about it.......they were pretty small like 6-8 inches. When dolphins are born I think they are quite big like a couple feet long as new borns so maybe these arent real dolphins just look identical to them.

I dont think it was the elephant noses as those are in a different tank labeled "elephant noses"- that tank always has very subdued blueish lighting. Although they do look somewhat similar the elephant nose fishs nose is much thinner and longer than the tank that was labled "dolphins"

probably a similar species to the elephant nose, sometimes called baby whales. google 'baby whale mormyrid' or one who's common name is dolphin mormyrid, Mormyrus tapirus. my bets on that one!

David

probably a similar species to the elephant nose, sometimes called baby whales. google 'baby whale mormyrid' or one who's common name is dolphin mormyrid, Mormyrus tapirus. my bets on that one!

David

I think your right Dave- they look like the Mormyrus tapirus I found on google images- In the past they have had tanks of "baby whales" as well

Are they the same and they've just changed the name or different species?

Im a bit interested in keeping them but I would need to endure ALOT of research and they are probably quite hard to keep I would imagine. They look very delicate.

baby dolphins are much too large to fit in an aquarium.. they couldent possably be the lovable mammals we know as dolphins

did they look like the two below :shifty:

or was it more like
FO-dolphin.jpg

How big were they?!?!

they wernt that big at all compared to real dolphins- I would say 6-8inches.... i discovered that they must not be real dolphins as even baby dolphins are probably at least a few feet long when born.

did they look like the two below :shifty:

or was it more like
FO-dolphin.jpg

LOL well they did look like your 2 cuties below, just in very minature form.

The other pic you posted looks like it could definitly be it........what kind of fish is it then??

Most reactions

Back