Dolphins Beached Themselves In Cornwall.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This happened monday and was so sad to see on the news. I've read different story's as to why this happened. I was quite upset about this because late last year i swam with dolphins, which was amazing, and couldnt believe 26 wild dolphins shown washed up on a beach in cornwall :sad:

One story that i had read was talking about the navy. The navy admitted carrying out training exercises with a submarine and survey ship using sonar. But they are convinced that this would have not scared these dolphins ashore, but a common reason for the animals being stranded is when they are chasing fish - but if they were feeding, there would be clear evidence of it in the post-mortom.

So what do you think.... washed ashore because of fish or the navy?

According to the news the Navy were practicing with their sonar 5 miles away from were the 26 Common Dolphins were found.

I Blame The MOD and the Navy

The cause of this could be any number of a large amount of possibilities. Guessing beforehand in this way does little. Interestingly, it would seem any link to sonar is a red herring, according to the recorder.

Interesting to note in some reports that far larger beachings than this occur elsewhere (such as in Australia).

i dont know but this seems to happen around this time evry year,,,last year there was loads here down south,,,i am guessing but as andy says it happens world wide,,,iam wondering if its something similar to elephants when they go to one place to die,,if its not something similar

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back