Dojo loach with weird bumps….. again

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishKeeper72

Reaction score
Hello friends. Just about a month ago, one of my dojo loaches started to form these weird blister like lumps on its body. Sadly, I couldn’t find out what was causing it. The dojo loach got super lethargic and stopped eating. I then made the decision to euthanize.

Now one of my other dojo’s are showing beginning symptoms of what the other loach had. He is also sometimes hanging out at the top. Please help me out, I don’t want to loose another one to this strange disease.

I have a 75gal tank. With 4 goldfish, 3 dojo loaches, and 1 snail.
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ph: 7.5
KH: 120
GH: 0
Ammonia: 0

Please please please tell me what this is, how to treat, and how to prevent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 222
Was the other one an Albino as well. This looks like some sort of cancerous growth, which may be purely associated with these fish being Albinos.
But the other ones lumps got really big. And some of them were like a pinkish color and white.

Sometimes Albino fish are not genetically as strong as the wild type and with time succumb to stuff like this.

The cream coloured lump on the pelvic fin is a tumour. If they are all developing them, it's probably genetic.

The fish do have some pink/ red patches on their belly and this looks like the start of a bacterial infection. It can also be from poor water quality and dirty substrate.

--------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

Monitor the pink/ red patches on the belly and post more pictures if it gets worse or hasn't improved after a week of water changes and gravel cleans.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back