Doin the do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok, can I float the solo cup with tiny holes within the main tank? I can keep it in place by clipping it to the edge of the tank.. the holes in the cup would be around the top half, just enough to allow for water exchange?
That would be fine, but keep in mind with fry they need daily water changes to grow to their best potential, so a separate container may be easier

HA I'm committing that to memory for when I need to speak to the kids about the birds and the bees (and the fish)
Hugging intensely also a useful euphemism. Just don't make them paranoid that hugging leads to babies ;)
eggs will turn whiter or darken after 24 hours of first being laid, so too soon to tell if fertile or not. If fertile they will darken. If not, they get whiter and less transparent.

You may not witness the T position as it can be very brief.

I'll get you my post to compare cory eggs to tell fertility for reference.
Just want to say how awesome it is that you're here. :friends:

Like, 90% water changes?
Yeah they need almost total water changes. Which is also useful with the cup, because the cup holds a bit of water for them so theyre not stressed out

Hugging intensely also a useful euphemism. Just don't make them paranoid that hugging leads to babies ;)

Just want to say how awesome it is that you're here. :friends:
Aw thanks lol

Yeah they need almost total water changes. Which is also useful with the cup, because the cup holds a bit of water for them so theyre not stressed out

Aw thanks lol
Gotcha k, think I've got a plan. Thanks again!

I had some bronze Cory fry about 10 years ago but they didn't make it (mainly cos i didn't have a clue what i doing lol)

How many have you got? Which type?
I have 5 Panda Cory cats. No clue how to tell the gender. (I know, I should have more than 6, but you all know my current situation)

@NCaquatics I've a slight predicament.. I'm going away for a week next week (mon-fri).. if these hatch in the next few days, in my cup/container combo.. would they stand the best chance being added to the main tank to fend for themselves? Its fairly heavily planted.

@NCaquatics I've a slight predicament.. I'm going away for a week next week (mon-fri).. if these hatch in the next few days, in my cup/container combo.. would they stand the best chance being added to the main tank to fend for themselves? Its fairly heavily planted.
I highly doubt they will make it.

Is it possible for you to bring them along? Fill a couple jugs with their tank water and bring an airstone for their container.

Going away? How can you? Boooooo. Etc.

I have 5 Panda Cory cats. No clue how to tell the gender. (I know, I should have more than 6, but you all know my current situation)
Sexing is best with maturity... so if yours are still young its not totally accurate.

Generally, males are smaller than females.

View them from above. Females will be widest in the belly where males will be widest at the pectoral fins.

Males generally have more pointed pelvic fins than females do, sometimes even dorsal follows the same pattern. Not always though.

A mature, gravid female is unmistakable. Very round and porky lol

I highly doubt they will make it.

Is it possible for you to bring them along? Fill a couple jugs with their tank water and bring an airstone for their container.
Hmmm.. going camping, with no (electrical) hookup

If they had a pretty big container to themselves.. would this help them not have a daily wc?

Hmmm.. going camping, with no (electrical) hookup

If they had a pretty big container to themselves.. would this help them not have a daily wc?
You could probably get away without the water changes or at least go every other day...

But problem is feeding the fry. They need to be fed multiple times a day and cannot miss feedings.

Ah I see :confused: i might take one of the three with me.
How long will it be from her laying today that they'll hatch and then need feeding? Sorry to quiz you so much. Oh, do u recommend a food I can grab off amazon?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back