rabbut
I don't bite, all that often...
By the look of it the OP is using test strips. I would not trust the results as far as I could throw them. It is VERY unusal to have a GH that is rqual to the KH and IMPOSSIBLE to have a KH above the GH, as the GH reading Includes the KH. KH measures Carbonate salts in the water. GH measures the Carbonate and Magnesium salts in the water. The pH, Nitrite and Nitrate readings of most strip test kits will give a different value for each strip used on teh same water sample in most cases. Personally, I find test strips as accurate as asking my next door (non-fish-keeping) neibour to just make up random numbers for the results
Get a pH, KH and GH tested by a good Liquid Drop test kit, and you get very different and more accurate results for them. Also, arguably the most important stat, Ammonia, is missed by all strip test kits I've used.
All the best
Rabbut
Get a pH, KH and GH tested by a good Liquid Drop test kit, and you get very different and more accurate results for them. Also, arguably the most important stat, Ammonia, is missed by all strip test kits I've used.All the best
Rabbut


I personally don't think you need to be lowering the values in your instance 







