Does Fish Poo Colour Change Depending On Diet?

DutchKev

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
been asked to put this up by the better half, becuase we have just gave the fish some frozen bloodwrm to snack on before lights out, and she says that the fish's poo looks red, but most of the time its white or brown

anyone shed some light?
 
i believe it can! Ive fed red crisps before and their poo turned red

so its entirely plausible!
 
In the fall pumpkin is cheap & available here due to Halloween. I'll feed it to my plecs, rather than the usual greenish I get a nice orange color.
 
I think it's pretty normal. My fish do the same as mew's when I feed them crisps so I would say yes.
 
Yeh if I don;t feed mine for a few days and they eat a lot of algae during that time they get green poo instead of brown.
 
oh thats good to hear, i thought mine had worms, but last night, we (dutchkev and i) fed them bloodworms and their poo was bright red!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top