Does anyone know what this is?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

it's green filamentous algae.

do regular water changes and gravel cleaning.
try to physically remove the algae.
Is that type of algae slimy or kinda dry like cotton candy after you remove it. My RCS love the second kind. They seem to meticulously "mow" this type when K give them a break feom wafers.

I've looked extensively online, but it seems the consensus is that nothing eats them. Some people report amano shrimps, and siamese algae eaters do. You can try if you like.
If you can't beat them join them. I've decided to have it as part of the decor. If they start to cloud my other plants, it means that they're big enough to be physically removed. It's a pain, but it seems this breed of algae is immortal.
If kept correctly, algae can look good in your scape. Are you saying that only amano shrimp eat that kind of algae?

Is that type of algae slimy or kinda dry like cotton candy after you remove it. My RCS love the second kind. They seem to meticulously "mow" this type when K give them a break feom wafers.
It defiantly is slimy underwater. No clue what its like when its dried out...

Moss ball are actually a form of algae. It does not look bad if you can keep it under contral, I have a little algae that looks like it in my ghost shrimp tank and I have moss balls in there too. I have a few scud scrimp in the tank that seem to go after algae. I do not know if they are keeping my algae under control or not but I have just a little of it.

I'm sorry? :huh:
D'you bake it for 'em?
:fish:
Yep, and here they are devouring Sunday Dinner, Mac and cheese
20200602_000152.jpg
;):whistle::fun::rofl:

You should have seen my Cherry shrimp eating that cucumber last night in my 29g tank. I counted 15+ on just that one slice! :rofl:

(My pleco wasn't happy with them stealing his dinner. :devil:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back