Does anyone know what kind of platy this is?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Killerbro511

Reaction score
it is blue and green with a metalic shine to it

Attachments

• IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 129
i have a video of it but it doesn't let me upload it
If you upload the video to youtube, can just post a link here. Nice fish! I love the blue platies, have a couple here that had fry recently, might be my favourite fish in the community tank.

Green lantern wag platy

Pretty little girl
Oh, once I've replied on facebook. Someone wanted to know what platy the fish was in the picture. I've replied that it was a swordtail and not a platy to start with. And that the original name was hamburger swordtail (in english the commercial name is green lantarn). Even the socalled Aphas are offically also hamburger swordtails. But everybody was claiming it was a platy. Well, even others who knew I was right made a joke out of it towards the others. Me and them were asking the ones who claimed that that fish to be a platy if they had eyes in their heads. They even started to tell the topic starter that she shouldn't be listening to what we've said. And that this was really a platy and that green lantarn was the original name and not hamburger. To us it showed that those who replied knew only the commercial platies by their name. But even anatomically, if they were knowledgeable enough, the should have known that it was a female swordtail. Despite of the fact that I'm on Fb too, I do have to admit that there are so many people overthere who have started keeping livebearers not that long ago, but wanna be in the spotlights by claiming to be experts. And not to insult anybody who's american (I've always enjoyed my stays overthere) but the members were mostly americans. And let's be honest, in the States there's less diversity offered when it comes to aquarium fish than overhere in Europe. The hobbyists which have been basing their replies on only what they knew in relation to the fish offered in their area. Well, I left the conversation at some point. I didn't wanna argue further about something that wouldn't be appreciated anyways. And I'm not the person to become aggressive in a conversation. So, I just try to avoid those who like to be important by bluffing but with a certain charm that people believe them to be knowledgeable. But it also happens on others forums than those Fb groups.

Oh, once I've replied on facebook. Someone wanted to know what platy the fish was in the picture. I've replied that it was a swordtail and not a platy to start with. And that the original name was hamburger swordtail (in english the commercial name is green lantarn). Even the socalled Aphas are offically also hamburger swordtails. But everybody was claiming it was a platy. Well, even others who knew I was right made a joke out of it towards the others. Me and them were asking the ones who claimed that that fish to be a platy if they had eyes in their heads. They even started to tell the topic starter that she shouldn't be listening to what we've said. And that this was really a platy and that green lantarn was the original name and not hamburger. To us it showed that those who replied knew only the commercial platies by their name. But even anatomically, if they were knowledgeable enough, the should have known that it was a female swordtail. Despite of the fact that I'm on Fb too, I do have to admit that there are so many people overthere who have started keeping livebearers not that long ago, but wanna be in the spotlights by claiming to be experts. And not to insult anybody who's american (I've always enjoyed my stays overthere) but the members were mostly americans. And let's be honest, in the States there's less diversity offered when it comes to aquarium fish than overhere in Europe. The hobbyists which have been basing their replies on only what they knew in relation to the fish offered in their area. Well, I left the conversation at some point. I didn't wanna argue further about something that wouldn't be appreciated anyways. And I'm not the person to become aggressive in a conversation. So, I just try to avoid those who like to be important by bluffing but with a certain charm that people believe them to be knowledgeable. But it also happens on others forums than those Fb groups.
That's crazy lol

If you tell me thats a swordtail, I won't argue haha you know livebearers well, I have no issues being wrong hahaha
But that's crazy

but then how did it breed with my platty if it is a sword tail

You can go to the LFS and if you know your fish you will probably find fish mislabeled as something else. I admit that I know some fish but can get fooled with those I do not know well.
I love mislabeled fish haha
Ask me about my pangio doriae sold as pangio oblonga or my corydoras ambiacus and weitzmani sold as trilineatus haha :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back