Does Anyone Keep Yellow Labs With Kenyi?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have 6 yellow labs with 3 kenyi 1 m/2f in a 55gal. Does anyone else have these two together?
They are juveniles about 1 inch long I'm thinking they won't be as agressive since i'm starting them off together at a young age they were all added at the same time

Male Kenyi and labs are not a good combination because they are fairly similar in appearance and the Kenyi are way more aggressive than the labs, which could suffer. That said, if that is all that's in your tank, there is plenty of room and you may get away with it as they will grow up together. Still a risk though. :/

Well its a 55gal with 6 yellow labs one male kenyi and two female kenyi. There are tons of hiding spots tho I will keep an eye on it and if it gets too bad I will find a way to get rid of him and no I don't mean killing it if anyone might think that from reading this.

So far the only aggression I've seen from the male kenyi is when I feed them. But not really aggressive towards other fish. He does however every so often chase a female kenyi but only for half a second then goes back to his "territory" which he guards pretty well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back