Do you own a 17 gallon (64 litre) up to a 29 gallon (110 litre) tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the tank. I think one thing that bothers me about the competition on tanks is that there really aren't guidelines to follow so we each make up our own, Lately the more foliage the better - I don't mind that if the fish you have need it but if some need open space for most of your fish to swim and don't have that then I wouldn't vote for them - to me it's about both beauty and how appropriate it is for the type of fish they have - if you don't know their needs then you can look at low, middle and high swimming sections, or space for foliage hiders, space for cave dwellers and space for open swimming even if it isn't as "busy" as your might personally prefer to look at. Kind of divide it up into a grid in your head and see what each grid brings to the game. Plus, be aware that the vast majority of us are probably "not there yet" with our tanks - and may never get there - I'm always messing with something and my assistant is even better - she has a great sense of design and is just learning about fish.

So question - if sometime in the future my assistant designed one of my tanks that month can I let her submit under her name even though it's technically my tank?

I may submit something this month but assuming I'm left alive after April and the flu is under control (I wish I was kidding, HIN1 just about killed me, same with the Hong Kong flu when I was a child - I'm not lucky with getting "mild" flu symptoms) she should be back to helping me with my tanks. About the only thing she's not comfortable messing with is moving fish between tanks and repairing filter problems and for some reason she just HATES it when one of the big fish has a temper tantrum and tries to jump ship.

April is going to be a tough month for this country. I'm in Kansas and we still have a low number of sick and only about 10 have died - but it will likely hit us in a couple of weeks. Essential businesses only are open and children are going to school through virtual learning and their school laptops. My therapist and doctors appointments that don't require extensive examination are done by phone teleconferencing. I send in my own vital signs. My thermometer broke and I don't need a $100 forehead or ear thermometer but everywhere is sold out of simple oral thermometers or you have go into the store (drug stores are essential but too many people are there for me to go in - so I'll do without.
I think most of the country is told to stay indoors. Guidelines for the tank entry seemed pretty clear. Hopefully you are able to enter the tank you have in your house, no matter if it’s planted or completely empty. The contest is made for us all to enjoy , and at this point, we all need to have a little fun, since quarantine is driving everyone a little nuts. I’m sure everyone’s tank will never be “done”, because we will always continue to work on it. At Least I know I will . Enter your tank. Have fun with it. I know we will all enjoy seeing it!

I will allow that size as it is above the 16 US gallon max size of last month totm contest. So feel free to enter.
I dont think im going to enter it, I haven’t bought any live plant for that tank and it looks so messy, anyway I will enter FOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back