Do You Have Good Videos/pics Of Fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jourdy288

Sorry, can't help spammin, it's the OCD! Hey there
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the sprites from the original Mortal Kombat? The way they digitized the actual actors to put them ingame?
Well, I have a similar idea, but with fish. I'm currently teaching myself a bit about artwork in video games (hopefully I'll start developing art in a game on the Pandora) and I came across this idea for an experiment: what if I were to create fish sprites from actual fish?
I'm pretty sure this sort of thing has already been done with Aquazone (Sega Saturn/PC) but perhaps now it's possible to create better quality sprites than those that were in the game? If this works out, I may use the sprites of your fish in a game (possibly!). This, of course, depends on your permission, and my receiving backing on the GP32X forums from somebody willing to help put together a game.
What I'll need:
Several high-res photos of fish (naturally!) in a sequence that could be sewn together into animation, frame by frame of the fish in different positions.
Your co-operation :lol:
Some time!
The fish being against a nice, blank background.

If you'd like to help further, you could also perhaps have the fish in each picture 'cut out' and set against a transparent background in a .PNG.

Thanks for reading,

Jourdy288

i would love to help, what with having a very nice t-bar cichlid and black background...but i only have a fuji s1500 camera :( althought high res its hard to get a real decent picture but in any other case im very intrested in what your doing so im going to be here watching your thread :)

i would love to help, what with having a very nice t-bar cichlid and black background...but i only have a fuji s1500 camera :( althought high res its hard to get a real decent picture but in any other case im very intrested in what your doing so im going to be here watching your thread :)

wouldnt it be easier to quickly nab the fish, put it on say a white, wet cutting board and take pics of it from all sides?? then put it back in the tank? shouldnt take more than a minute or two.

btw would you also need salt water fish?? lol

wouldnt it be easier to quickly nab the fish, put it on say a white, wet cutting board and take pics of it from all sides?? then put it back in the tank? shouldnt take more than a minute or two.

btw would you also need salt water fish?? lol
That sounds kind of... Painful... Although if this was an aquatic Mortal Kombat it could work...
And Btw, Razer121, the original Prince of Persia was done similarly, but just with motion.
And thanks for the support!

im not laying my fish on a white cuting board lol...he's my baby! and what do you mean about the prince of persia??

im not laying my fish on a white cutting board lol...he's my baby! and what do you mean about the prince of persia??

Jordan Mechner had video taped his brother running around in white clothes; he then rotoscoped him and made animation of his brothers movements.

even after seeing it again, that pandora unit is still a #40## ugly piece of kit...

^ :eek: You take those words back!
You can have your locked down, proprietary PSP, DS or W/E but the Pandora will be emulating Dreamcasts and PSPs (both are a WIP but should move along nicely once the Pandora ships.) This thing hasn't been released yet (they're currently getting manufactured) and already there's an emulator for PS1, N64, SNES, and various other machines.
Oh, and the games on it are going to rock :D
Now quit trolling, please, I get enough of that on the GP32X forums...

^ :eek: You take those words back!
You can have your locked down, proprietary PSP, DS or W/E but the Pandora will be emulating Dreamcasts and PSPs (both are a WIP but should move along nicely once the Pandora ships.) This thing hasn't been released yet (they're currently getting manufactured) and already there's an emulator for PS1, N64, SNES, and various other machines.
Oh, and the games on it are going to rock :D
Now quit trolling, please, I get enough of that on the GP32X forums...

Do you not find something ironic in that you state i can keep my locked down proprietary psp etc and yet you're paying for a pandora unit which will use an emulator so you can run psp games...You can't moan about locked down systems if the only thing you intend to do is play games on an open system which originally came from a proprietary one. Anyway, I don't have an psp, ds etc and have no wish to.
Plus the controls on the pandora for playing games look pretty bad which appears to be backed up by the news reports too.

Lol...it's still ugly though.

I never complained about the games, I complained that the units they run on walk all over their customers rights. And the Pandora controls are actually much better than they look (as backed up by several people who just got theirs!) and the nubs were a 3000 Euro project. A LOT went into them.
And it's still quite open.
Join the GP32X forums if you don't believe me.

So anybody with good pics?

Most reactions

Back