FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Our Fish of the Month contest will start accepting entries in mid April. For the April FOTM contest, we will feature Gouramis. If you have a Gourami, we hope you enter the contest.

You will see a banner at the top of the forums announcing when we start accepting entries for the FOTM contest. Read all rules in the contest thread before entering your Gourami.

Let us know in this thread if you have a Gourami and if you will consider entering it in the FOTM contest.

Meanwhile, if you have a pet besides fish, we hope you enter the Pet of the Month contest.
CLICK HERE to view the POTM entry thread. There is only one day left to enter, so enter your pet soon.

I’m pretty sure many members have Gourami in their tanks. Let us know if you have a Gourami and would consider entering it in the upcoming Fish of the Month contest.

I'm stilling guaging interest in having a Fish of the Month contest featuring Gouramis. Do you have a Gourami? If yes, would you enter it in a FOTM contest featuring Gouramis.

I have a Gourami... but apparently I don't do well in contests, with something worth entering, & I just have a medium sized pink kisser, that I probably wouldn't enter with anyway...

The contest isnt just about trying to win. It’s about showing members your fish so other members may decide to get a similar fish. The contest is all about having fun showing off your fish and your picture taking skills.

Gourami’s ! Oh how splendid ! I do hope we see some unusual ones . Very much looking forward to seeing Gary’s Africans and hopefully a Colisa labiosa and a Colisa fasciata .

Last edited:
I'm partial to the idea of gouramis, because we see tons of Bettas here. I like to see lots of unexpected things - I liked the freshwater ray in the livebearers contest. It was beautiful, but it was also a livebearer surprise for a lot of people.
Maybe we could go with labyrinth fish, which would include all the Betta species, and gouramis.

I saw an impressive giant gourami during a trip to the Royal Botanic Garden in Kandy, Sri Lanka.
I have a paradise fish, if that’s considered a gourami.

Attachments

• _780_3251.jpg
    _780_3251.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
  • _780_3252.jpg
    _780_3252.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 5
Due to lack of participation for Gouramis, I'm going with Loricariidae such as Plecos and Otocinclus for the upcoming contest. Later in the year, we will have an "any fish" FOTM where you could enter your Gourami. We will probably also have a Cichlid contest later in the year

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back