Do You Formally Burry Your Departed....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
When I still had my petshop, a family (kids obviously been crying) brought in a dead goldfish, & asked me what was wrong with it.... I took it in my hand,.... had a close look at it, and announced that it was dead and at the same time,....I chucked it over the back fence....

Oh Boy!.... like one man they all ran after it and the father proclaimed that they want a formal burial for the fish.... I felt so bad..... oops!!!

What do you do with your fatal cases....???
 
When I still had my petshop, a family (kids obviously been crying) brought in a dead goldfish, & asked me what was wrong with it.... I took it in my hand,.... had a close look at it, and announced that it was dead and at the same time,....I chucked it over the back fence....

Oh Boy!.... like one man they all ran after it and the father proclaimed that they want a formal burial for the fish.... I felt so bad..... oops!!!

What do you do with your fatal cases....???

Mixture - generally fish are chucked into the flowerbed, frogs get burials.... don't know why...
 
only my special fish [not that they aren't all special!] like my shark, my 17yr old goldie my favourite betta...

tbh i just couldn't be bothered trudging out to the garage to get the shovel and then digging a hole!
 
When ever one of my fish would die, a door mouse would lay it in a matchbox lined with a silken handkerchief. My two pet gerbils would then carry the 'casket' atop their fury grey backs to the carriage. The carriage was then pulled by four black cats from the neighbourhood; the ones that tried to eat the fish in life, now put such petty things behind them and did what they saw as their duty for a fellow animal. As the carriage was pulled across the back lawn, pigeons, squirrels, hedgehogs and even the odd heron bowed their various heads in respect. Once the long and tearful journey had come to an end, the owl who lives in the wise old oak tree would say a few kind and poignant words, before the corpse was lobest onto the compost heap ...

... at least I think that's what happened ...
 
Small fish are usually flushed. Big ones in the trash.

I've always wondered, what do you do with a dead full grown rtc or the like?
 
K-Holed.... You either watch to much tv, or you should write a kiddies novel :lol:

I s'pose when you have one tank of fish, anything that dies is special to you and you are more inclined to do the formal thing....

In my case,.... I expect 1 or 7 deaths per day, so they end up as fertilizer for one of the Palmtrees.....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top