Do Fish Remember You Personally?

aaronnorth

www.ukaps.org
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
6,822
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Worksop, Notts, UK
My mum said that when she goes to the tank the fish swim away, but when i go they stay put. Is it because they recognise me as a source of food, or that i take a more steady appraoch to the tank?

Thanks/
 
when ii approach my tank all my fish usually come to the front ..
i think its the pavlovian response..
 
they remember you and remember the fact that you give them food, as i go up to my tank the fish come to me and to the top as if they do when they are feeding
 
My, I say "my" but they're not really mine, fish come up to me whenever I sit at the tank. I think it's mainly because I feed them most of the time.
 
I usually feed my fish, so they are comfortable around me, especially my guppies..occasionally when I am gravel vaccing they come up to my hand and such on it thinking I have food in my hand..

D.
 
yes i think most fish do remember certain people people

my cichlids come straight to the front of the tank when im in the room. whenever i show someone else the tank they go and hide in the rock work for 5-10mins before there comfortable.


my koi always come up to me and my dad straight away. takes the a few seconds to come up to my mum/sister mainly because they dont feed them
 
I know some fish farms will not allow you in unless you don in one of their pink overalls...... so as not to disturb the fish....

Oscars are definitely like this.... and also giant Gouramis.... They know exactly who you are and where you fit in with the hierarchy of your household.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top