Do Algae Wafers Foul Water?

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
I was wondering if leaving algae wafer in a tank fowl the water. I mean I think there vegetable based and you shouldn't leave vegetables in the tank, but then again there algae too, which can grow without effecting water. Im just wondering, because I have a fairly new tank with no algae and I have Algae eaters in it to prevent algae, but I need to feed them. There new Otos, and I dont know how much I need feed them, so I dont want to underfeed them (heard many algae eaters die from lack of food), yet I dont want to over feed if the wafers cause water issues.

Thanks
 
Yes it will foul the water. The "algae" I believe is mostly spriluna (sp?). Even if there was algae in there it is dead and thus when placed in water will decay.
 
ok, ill add a piece of a wafer and take out whatever isnt eaten. I dont want my fish to starve
 

Most reactions

Back
Top