Diy Co2 Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

trit0n2003

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Did my DIY CO2 Reactor yesterday and is up and running, lets see how well it grows the plants im raising.

This is my tank that I planted a bunch of little guys to grow up for my big tank just as a little side project.

Used a 1 liter bottle with 1 cup of sugar ( mixed granular sugar and powdered sugar) and a teaspoon of yeast
IMG_0808.jpg

I have the hanging up from the top and dropping back down to hopefully not let anything from the yeast bottle to drip into the tank
IMG_0809.jpg

I am diffusing the bubbles into the tank like this. I cut a whole into a sponge that covers the intake tube of my HOB (i use the sponges for raising fry so they dont get sucked up) and fed the line into the whole with a bubbling stone attached to it. Hopefully it helps the CO2 get into the water as it gets sucked into the propellor in the HOB.
IMG_0810.jpg

got a little creative today to make a better way to disperse the CO2 bubbles. So i took apart one of my extra filters and snagged the motor form it. Ran the CO2 reactor line directly under the propellor so as the bubble comes out it gets brutally chopped up into tons of TINY little bubbles that just float in the water and dont go for the surface :D. I stuffed sponge into the intake area around the tubing so my fish dont get sucked into it.

11vo2kj.jpg

altered the design to have the bubbles going throw the stream of water from the outlet to reduce noise. working wonderfully :D
2l8jmyw.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back