Dissassembling A Tank That Had Callamanus Worms

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
I've just got done taking down my little 10 gallon tank that had callamanus worms... sadly all the fish have died. :(

So far i've thrown the filter, heater, gravel and plants/wood out. All I have left is the hood and the tank itself. Im not a big fan of using chemical cleaners like bleach etc, Id rather go all natural. if possible. I've scrubbed/rinsed the tank outside with the hose for about 45 minutes just now so its all clean as far as I can see. I'm tempted just to throw the whole tank out but I just dropped $70.00 on a new hood/light a few weeks ago so I'd rather not.

I was wondering if I left the tank to sit dry for a month or so do you think I would have a chance that any worm eggs would not appear again??? It would be good to do this so I have lots of time to think about what to do with it, thinking DPs :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
 
I've just got done taking down my little 10 gallon tank that had callamanus worms... sadly all the fish have died. :(

So far i've thrown the filter, heater, gravel and plants/wood out. All I have left is the hood and the tank itself. Im not a big fan of using chemical cleaners like bleach etc, Id rather go all natural. if possible. I've scrubbed/rinsed the tank outside with the hose for about 45 minutes just now so its all clean as far as I can see. I'm tempted just to throw the whole tank out but I just dropped $70.00 on a new hood/light a few weeks ago so I'd rather not.

I was wondering if I left the tank to sit dry for a month or so do you think I would have a chance that any worm eggs would not appear again??? It would be good to do this so I have lots of time to think about what to do with it, thinking DPs :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
good old ammonia will be your friends here
 
I've just got done taking down my little 10 gallon tank that had callamanus worms... sadly all the fish have died. :(

So far i've thrown the filter, heater, gravel and plants/wood out. All I have left is the hood and the tank itself. Im not a big fan of using chemical cleaners like bleach etc, Id rather go all natural. if possible. I've scrubbed/rinsed the tank outside with the hose for about 45 minutes just now so its all clean as far as I can see. I'm tempted just to throw the whole tank out but I just dropped $70.00 on a new hood/light a few weeks ago so I'd rather not.

I was wondering if I left the tank to sit dry for a month or so do you think I would have a chance that any worm eggs would not appear again??? It would be good to do this so I have lots of time to think about what to do with it, thinking DPs :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
good old ammonia will be your friends here

yikes! I do have a big 1.5 litre jug of it from when I cycled my tank but like I said I HATE using strong chemicals due to the health risks and all the safety precautiions needed. :(
 
When this happended to me I dumped everything and started again. I cleaned the tank using Dettol (disinfectant) and then thouroughly rinsed it out. and left it to dry for a few days before starting again. I made sure all plants were soaked in Plant Disinfectant(pond Section) before going in when i restarted.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top