Discus Tank Mates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dibbs123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Been trying to research on fish that would be suitable with Discus. I know not to use fast moving fish and larger Tetras. would a BN Catfish, Angels and bronze corys be suitable??

Thanks

Hi,

Been trying to research on fish that would be suitable with Discus. I know not to use fast moving fish and larger Tetras. would a BN Catfish, Angels and bronze corys be suitable??

Thanks

Angels can be too boisterous for Discus and in some cases can also pass on diseases to them, which the Angels are immune to,

Bronze Corys also won't live at the high temperatures that discus require

Hi,

Thanks

Angels can be too boisterous for Discus and in some cases can also pass on diseases to them, which the Angels are immune to,

Bronze Corys also won't live at the high temperatures that discus require
Thanks I have just checked Temp and you are right. Must admit didnt look at that

I agree with Davo on the Bronze Corries, it's too warm. For Discus safe corries, look at Sterbai, Metea and Adolfoi :good: All those will be more expensive than normal corries though. Bronze round my way are £1-99each, two for £3-50 as adults. Sterbai are the cheapest of the three I've recommended, at £3-99 two for £7-50, as 1" Juveniles...

I disagree on the angels though. I have a proven breeding pair in with mine. Aside from when they are guarding eggs, they are fine with the discus. you only have to worry about angels passing disease to the discus if you are buying wild (or a few generations after wild, F1, F2 or F3) caught angel stock. The aggro my breeding angels give is no worse than a pair of Discus to their own kind mind you. A lot of if it will work however will be down to the individual angels. Mine are fairly laid back, but some can be boisterous and aggressive :/

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back