Discus Journal...

No comments? Sheeeeesh.. Everyone telling me they're stunted, I show pics proving growth and I get crickets! I suppose somebodys gonna tell me he has shrinking eye disease and my water quality must be of the charts terrible.

You have definitely been keeping good care of them! They have really good shape, and size, especially compared to the pictures from two months ago!

Just thought Id post some pics from the begining of september and today..

8-9 weeks ago..

014.jpg

Perfect example of what fish not to buy, bad shape on this one.
021.jpg

012.jpg

022.jpg

045.jpg

Today....
156.jpg

170.jpg

169.jpg

160.jpg

176.jpg

Unreal! My two red Turks have formed a pair. At first I thought they both had some awful parasites but it turned out they were doing a little love dance. They were cleaning off the intake pipe of my small filter all day and are defending the area with gusto. I guess this means they must be older than I thought but the idea of possible having some fry one day is pretty neat. I may have to really get rid of my other fish so I can use my 20 high for a breeding tank.

003-1.jpg

Good going :good: They are obviously happy, and you are giving them good care :nod: Watch their agressivness though, some pairs have been know to be realy anti-social when breeding, pinning everything else in the tank in one corner and not letting them move...

All the best
Rabbut

holy #### as I was sitting here reading your post rabbut I hear a loud noise, walked over to the tank noticed a fish missing and found a turk laying about 7ft away from the tank totally still. I picked him up dropped him back in the water and he went right back to eating the cube of brine i tossed in before I sat down at the computer. He has carpet fiber stuck to one side of him but pretty much dosent seem to care about what just took place.

Though they are intelligent fish, their stupidity is funny at times :lol:

You need to work on a better cover :nod: Next time you might not be lucky enough to catch the fish in time :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

Back