Discus Community Tank, Need Help With Tank Mates.

Tesla

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

I currently have a 40g tank setup up for 2- 4.5 year old Yellow Labs. so im starting to think about what im going to do with my tank after the labs dye of old age. I just want to know if i can just put 2 male discus in the tank peacefully? and as an added tank mate i would have 2 cory cat fish and 2 male german blue rams or 2 male killifish? which would be better?
 
I dont know much about Discus but I do know that Cory need to be kept in groups of 6 or more. I would also guess pygmy Cory to be in danger around them, I dont see the tank being able to hold a group of larger Cory and the Discus. Also I would assume that 2 Discus would be cutting it close in that size tank. Again I am not sure but I think that's the case.
 
from recent events I'd say don't just have 2 discus plus they are near impossible to sex unless they start pairing off. I started owning discus a few weeks ago and started with just two and the dominant one will bully the other. discus are shoaling fish and should really be kept in groups of 5+
 

Most reactions

Back
Top