Disaster!

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Well, 2 days ago around 5:15pm at the Petsmart where I work we had a power failure because somebody hit a transformer. Yesterday I was given the word that we'd lost about 80% of our stock, now today the total is well over 90% and around $1000+ of dead fish T_T. Poor little fish, I feel bad for them all.
 
Well, 2 days ago around 5:15pm at the Petsmart where I work we had a power failure because somebody hit a transformer. Yesterday I was given the word that we'd lost about 80% of our stock, now today the total is well over 90% and around $1000+ of dead fish T_T. Poor little fish, I feel bad for them all.

Oh, that is really, really sad.
 
awww, don't they have emergency power or something?


It's petsmart; the corporate only looks at money. It would be much more expensive to put in a generator than it would be to lose all the stocking. If powr outages started to occur often enough, maybe 2 or 3 times a month, then maybe they would look into a generator, but I would not expect anything to come of this otherwise.
 
Poor things.
R.I.P.
 
I think after this disaster and over $2000 (found out the total from my manager) of loss of fish we'll be getting generators for all of our stores soon. It really sucks too because I told the store manager that if we were to put heaters into the system that the water should stay warm enough for them to survive, or atleast most of them. He told me they'd be fine, my a**.
 
gutted

we had a letter through today saying they're doing some work on the leccy supply to our house and the power will be off for most of next tuesday. should be ok providing they aren't delayed loads or anything, but it's always a worry
 
If they were thinking they could have rented a generator. They probably had some losses of frozen food as well. Anyone I know of with any amount of tanks running at home has a generator, this is just common sense.
 
They probably put a heater in the back at the filter system, aswell, where are you located? it's about -10F right now where I am.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top