Dipnetting

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
I live in a town called New Richmond, which is located in Wisconsin, US.

I was wondering if there are any members on here that live near me, or surrounding areas, that know of spots where I could go dipnetting?

I always read posts about it, and I want to go out and do it really bad!

I am not sure if Wisconsin is a good home for tropical fish with the cold winter months, but it would be great if it was!

So, anyone out there know of a spot near me that I could go dipnetting, if at all!?

Thanks!

-FHM
 
i know its not helpful

but id also love to go dipnetting but i live in uk so its a no go

good luck on your search
 
hey. i dont know much about wisconsin but i've been getting into dipnetting. make sure before you try going anywhere that you check the local laws. here in florida i am required to have and carry a freshwater fishing license.
from what i've read in other forums you'll surely find beautiful fish, but i really doubt they will be tropical fish.
you should check out NANFA (google it)...they have a lot of helpful people who love "collecting" and "sampling" as they call it, and some of them know a thing or two about North American Native Fishes (hence their name)

drive around and look for a water spot. down here best places are canals, but i honestly dont know if you guys have canals up there in wisconsin too :blush: if you do, find one with a nice slope and a lot of vegetation in the water. what you probably have up there that are hard to find here in miami are little creeks and rivers, although i suspect it would be more difficult to catch there, i've seen people over at NANFA who've caught rainbow gobies (i think?) in streams :good:

have fun! i plan on going back again this saturday...it's outdoorsy + cute little fishies = awesome :hyper:
 
Hi fatheadminnow :)

I'm not too sure just where your location is in Wisconsin, but let me direct you to some of the aquarium clubs in that state. If there's one anywhere near you, there's a good chance one of the members would know about dipnetting locations. Some clubs even do it as a group activity. I've noticed that there are a few auctions coming up in Wisconsin in the fall so you might want to keep an eye on the calender at the bottom of the index page too. :D

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=292232
 
Hi fatheadminnow :)

I'm not too sure just where your location is in Wisconsin, but let me direct you to some of the aquarium clubs in that state. If there's one anywhere near you, there's a good chance one of the members would know about dipnetting locations. Some clubs even do it as a group activity. I've noticed that there are a few auctions coming up in Wisconsin in the fall so you might want to keep an eye on the calender at the bottom of the index page too. :D

[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=292232"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=292232[/URL]

Thanks a lot!

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top